Cry Of The Corals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cry of the corals

Registered
Reaction score
My name's Trina, 21 F, from the Philippines. I have only gone diving once (free lessons!) and during that dive I was shown how a good number of people care to rebuild our depleting coral reefs in the Philippines.

So, inspired by that, I decided to focus on diving and volunteering for my thesis. Basically, my thesis mates and I partnered with an organization that needs help in calling for more diver volunteers. Our goal is to create a campaign for them. Below is a note for all those interested in helping me out with my thesis. Details are in the survey's introduction. So, if you have time, and are willing to help out a good cause, read on! Divers unite!

Do you looove diving?

Are Nemo, Sebastian, and Flounder your close friends?

Are you a certified diver above 18 years old?

Are you saying "yes"???

Then you're PERFECT!!!

We are on the process of creating one kick *** thesis and it revolves around YOU YOU YOU!
You, and a whole lot of other divers like you, can make a difference.​

We have tied up with CCEF (Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation) and are on the process of creating an advocacy campaign for them. A part of this process is disseminating surveys to divers and collecting the data. Thinking it'll take too much of your time? Nah. You got us all wrong. We know how time consuming surveys can be, so we've created a spiffy survey that'll only take jiffy. All you need is your mouse clicking abilities and you're good to go. So do what you do best and Take A Plunge!​

HELP ANSWER THE
Cry of the Corals
http://survey.perseus.com/673c57f9.htm

Ah, CCEF.

Just finished emailing the link to your survey to all my diver friends.

Again, good luck.

And PM me when you need volunteers na :wink:

micamaldita:
Ah, CCEF.

Just finished emailing the link to your survey to all my diver friends.

Again, good luck.

And PM me when you need volunteers na :wink:

Thanks mica! :)

Will do when we get going! Thanks thanks thanks! :10:

shugar:
i'm currently answering your survey... sarap pagusapan yung ibang questions but that's none of my business...

same with mica, keep me updated with needs for volunteer work... i've done volunteer dive work na sa calatagan, sarap!

Jag

Great! Thanks!

What do you mean, "sarap pagusapan"? Bakit? hehe!

Also, ya I love calatagan! That's where I first dove. You volunteered for CAP? :) Warns family?

Hi Trina. Welcome to the wonderful world underwater. You might be interested in a group of volunteer scientific divers here in southern California that gathers scientific data for use by researchers, and helps educate the public on matine life and conservation. It is called the Catalina Conservancy Divers (CCD) and their website is www.ccd.org

Good luck in your efforts there.

Dr. Bill

Back
Top Bottom