quick nitrox question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B:
Correct , O2 is not air , it is pure oxygen , if It's not pure, you can't call it O2

DB

Edit: you guys are fast :D

Technicalities, who cares about that, lets go dive EAN50 to 500 ft......... I think the original poster was refering to air, in his use of O2, hence EAN21.

PS. I'm going to sleep now, I think we milked this thread for all it's worth, haha. Wait till the DIR dewds wakeup tommorrow.

ShakaZulu:
Technicalities, who cares about that, lets go dive EAN50 to 500 ft......... I think the original poster was refering to air, in his use of O2, hence EAN21.

PS. I'm going to sleep now, I think we milked this thread for all it's worth, haha. Wait till the DIR dewds wakeup tommorrow.

I can't find EAN50 or 500' on my EARDP ... can we use yours ??? :wink:

DB

ShakaZulu:
Isn't nitrox and O2 the same thing.....you can use regs with O2 up to 40%. This should have been covered in your Nitrox class?

Um, no. That was real nice of you to pick on the new guy though.

Ken

Some reg manufacturers say you can use thier regs up to 40% nitrox with out having them cleaned and having parts such as "o" rings replaced with viton "o" rings and special greases like "christo lube" used instead of the common silicon grease. If your regs have had a alot of use and you are considering using them for nitrox have them serviced weather you have them cleaned for higer than 40% it is up to you.
So to answer your question if it is cleaned and serviced for 02 yes. If it is untouched and oem ,100% NO. Nitrox maybe

Basically put anything that comes in contact with 100% o2 has to be o2 clean. Some methods of nitrox filling, raw 100% o2 is pumped straight into the tank therefore the tank & valve have to be cleaned and serviced.

While most regs can be used with up to 40% o2 many computers won't allow you to set them for nitrox.
Alison

Back
Top Bottom