Diving with the Mares Nemo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got my first dive computer [Nemo] yesterday. Very excited and can't wait to use it on my next dive. However, I'm a bit worried scratching the glass as I can't find any face guard for it. The shop that I bought the dive comp from does not have it. Tried eBay but they don't have as well. Anyone can assist me on this? (PS: I'm from Malaysia).

Also, anyone can explain the "Personnel Correction Factor, PF" stuff? There's three setting - PF0, PF1 and PF2. Don't really understand the statement "additional safety margin" as describe in the manual.

Thanks a bunch!
Jason Yao

Sydney_Diver:
Mares have just released the face guard for the Nemo, We got our shipment last week here in Australia, so I would expect them to be on the way to the States now.

I have 70 dives on my Nemo and it has not missed a beat.

Cheers
Chris

yao:
Also, anyone can explain the "Personnel Correction Factor, PF" stuff? There's three setting - PF0, PF1 and PF2. Don't really understand the statement "additional safety margin" as describe in the manual.

Thanks a bunch!
Jason Yao

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure I am the best person to answer you, but since I see this post was a few days ago, I'll take a shot. I just purchased a Nemo and have not yet had the opportunity to dive it. (I'm also newly certified) However, with that up front.... my understanding is that the Personnel correction factors are to make the computer more conservative with respect to nitrogen loading and risk of DCI.

So, if you look at the planning mode, I can see 59 Ft. for 49 min no dec time in a basic setting. (I have no dives, so no residual Nitrogen that the computer would be taking into consideration.. etc.) If I adjust that to a P1, I get 59 Ft. with a 40 min no dec time on mine. The computer will allow me 9 lesss minutes at this depth in this "more conservative" setting. What it is basically doing is making an adjustment for the length of time the computer will allow you to load nitrogen in order to provide a greater safety margin. (I suspect that the safety margin is built into multiple areas of the algorithm as opposed to simply minimizing no dec time, but the idea is there.) As I understand it, the Nemo is one of the more conservative computers out there, so since I don't believe I have an factors contributing to an increased risk of DCS, I'm planning on leaving mine at the original (Not modified) setting.

Hope this helps,

I managed to get Mares face guard for Nemo before I went diving last weekend. It's a round piece of clear soft plastic - almost feels like rubber - that covers the whole face, and it's held on by two bands on either end that slide under the watch straps.

I was worried it would slide around, but it seems to stay put both in and out of the water, and no impact on visibility. I had no problems with it at all.

Finally. No more scratches.

I have done over a hundred dives with the NEMO Titanium and have used the MARES supplied screen protector from day one. A friend has the one for the Atom but we found that the ATOM goes yellow and hard while the MARES one still seems pretty good. Now I live in Australia where we seem to get everything eveyone had last year so I would think MARES in the USA should be able to supply them

Mares make a face guard. I got one with mine. It is easy to put on and take off. the photos are not the best but you get the idea.
stuey2

STUEY2:
Mares make a face guard. I got one with mine. It is easy to put on and take off. the photos are not the best but you get the idea.
stuey2

Hi STUEY2,

Your pics definitely helped in giving me a better idea of how the face guard looks like. I'll be in Cairns and Gold Coast this week for business. Would you happen to know which dive shops in those areas carry this item? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom