Grand Cayman Dive Operator - Please Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pamisano

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post, and I am hoping y'all can help!

We will be on Grand Cayman (first time) from 10/6-10/11 staying at Sunshine Suites. We are both certified beginners (10 dives) and looking to do 4 days of 2 tank boat dives, plus stingray city, and at least 1 or 2 night dives. We have our own mask/snorkel/fins, but will need to rent everything else.

We are looking for a dive operator that will be attentive, responsive, and easy to deal with. We would like to do all of our dives with the same operator. So far, I have been in contact with both Don Fosters and Divers Down, but I have heard mixed reviews about both.

Please provide and opinions and recommendations! All help is VERY much appreciated.

Paul

I'd go with Sunset Divers....they are located at the Sunset House. they are a great operator and the staff is really friendly.

Welcome to Scubaboard!

pamisano:
Hi all,

We will be on Grand Cayman (first time) from 10/6-10/11 staying at Sunshine Suites. We are both certified beginners (10 dives) and looking to do 4 days of 2 tank boat dives, plus stingray city, and at least 1 or 2 night dives. We have our own mask/snorkel/fins, but will need to rent everything else.

We are looking for a dive operator that will be attentive, responsive, and easy to deal with. We would like to do all of our dives with the same operator. So far, I have been in contact with both Don Fosters and Divers Down, but I have heard mixed reviews about both.

Please provide and opinions and recommendations! All help is VERY much appreciated.

Paul

You might try "FishEye", they pick you up and take small groups mostly to the North Wall and StingRay City. It's been about 5 years since I was there last but they had great service. Using "Sunset Divers" would be a bit of a drive from where you are staying. I'm wishing you the best as if you've never been to Stingray City, it's alot of fun.

Fisheye is not diving as of right now since about March or April.That may change in the future, but they're not in business now.

Hi,
When I was there in 2003 I used Divers Down and had a great time.

DougY

so far, i am hearing good things about neptunes divers, divers down, and don fosters. can anyone point out the differences in these outfits?

pamisano:
Hi all,

Paul
If I have to recommend Ocean Frontiers again I think they will need to put me on their payroll. In my 25 plus years of diving, I have never been happier with a dive operator. They are the best and most professional group I have ever seen. They are located on the east end south of The Tortuga Club. You will not be disappointed. www.oceanfrontiers.com

Oops, he's already been and back, we should have looked at the dates. Now I feel stupid...

btw, I don't think Ocean Frontiers would have been a good option, it's 15 minutes from the Wyndham to Georgetown and probably another 30-40 minutes to the East End.

I would recommend Neptunes Divers. They limit their boat to 6 divers, and also have complimentary pick up/drop off from any hotel on seven mile beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom