October Megadive Rez!!! (10/28-30), Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I"m in!

I know you just went ...

"Virus who?"

I spoke with Kitty at Ginnie Springs Thursday, then decided that I needed to go take a look around.

The primitive campsites directly adjoining 40,41 will be changing NEXT year into electric sites. They have cut the road off behind them that ran to the springs. The camping area is now one way in, one way out. This should reduce the speedy drivers and drunks coming back through from the tube run 50 to a vehicle. They have also added a new bathhouse back there and a volleyball court. You can still walk through there, but a fence now blocks it from vehicular traffic. This is a great thing!

HOWEVER, with the adjoining sites going from primitive to electric, that kills our possible overflow next year. INSTEAD,... there will be two major changes for Megadive 06-A;

There will not be an October event in 2006. Due to the hurricane problem we have had in previous years, and people having to decide whether to go to that event, or the manatee trip in November, or the Turkey fry, we will be joining the Halloween event and Manatee dive to take place in early November.

This also makes the event in May THAT MUCH BIGGER!!!!

The second change that will take place for next year is the location within Ginnie Springs!

For all those whiners, we won't name any names, (Andy & Simon), and cavers, (Andy & Simon), who want to be placed close to the water,... we will be reserving the ENTIRE Turkey Roost area which INCLUDES a pavillion for the WEEKEND, two prep tables, and has sites literally ON the river bank. If anyone's tent should get uprooted and placed so you step out and fall into the river in the morning, I will not be held responsible! ;P In case you don't know where this is, the pavillion I am speaking of is a stone throw to Devil's Eye platform.

There are a large number of sites there. I am not sure how many exactly but ten seems like a close estimate.

During this upcoming Megadive on the 28th, I'd like everyone to stop by that location and take a look at it. It is posted on the left just before the parking area to the Devil system.

By the way; Who's this Virus guy?
I have a horse collar for you!

Deepseawolf
LilB
Callie
Maneater
Gibbon
Zack
Mark Byun
Superbugman
Virus
Netmage
Tractortom +1
Brewoneoto
Scubajenny
Hermit Crab
Dive4funoften
Shushi +1
Jeandiver
Taoofthedive
Lil38
Corigan
BaitedStorm (murph & jess also?)
At this point, we're looking at 20-25 people possibly in attendance.

Hopefully if all goes well I will be intro certified by next week. Jeandiver: Want to do a few intro dives while we are there for the megadive?

Matt

I dove Venice Beach once with him,"VIRUS"
Good people,(jaxville area I believe)
Turned me on to one of better pizza joints I've been to in Fla.
(not bad for a guy that lives twice as far from it than me)

I dont think Murph will be coming this time, but I will have certified diver Jessi_Rae in tote with me... Hey, and if I don't totally blow it, I'll be an Instructor by then too :D

DEEPSEAWOLF:
At this point, we're looking at 20-25 people possibly in attendance.

yaw kenman ya done o-mit-ted da lah-eer-man name
on dat dere lis, son, yaw losing dat dere touch

Don and I might be able to come down for this dive, more representatives from GLWC! We will not have any camping equipment, is there a nearby hotel or motel?
We would gladly bring some rum, white wine, and some of my death by chocolate dessert! We will be missing the GLWC Meet and Greet this weekend since we will be on our way to Hilton Head for the winter! Hope to do lots of Florida diving this year

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom