Dive Rites Regs and Backplates and Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the confusion here how the backup comes off of the left post? While I don't dive doubles, I think that for ID the backup hose exits the left post first stage to the center of the doubles and the comes over the right shoulder. This is the routing that I have seen on several sites for a DIR set of doubles. I could easily be real mistaken though.

JoelW

The reason I'd like my reg to come from the left, is quite simple. While diving with doubles I like having one reg from the right and one reg from the left. I hang both of them on a bungy chord oround my neck and its very comfortable.

Danny

Octo,

Just curious, can you tell me why you have this type of configuration and what reg do you use for air-sharing and what is the length of the hose?

Brad

Hi Atmox,

I use this configuration since it's more comfortable to have one reg from each side. My deco mix is on the front and this way I know that when I take it's reg ther's no way I can get confused and breath the wrong mix. Also in case I need back one of the bottom mix regs or I accidently drop it, they will be always on my neck. I also arrange that the pressure gage for the right reg will be on the right and the one for the left will be for the legt. For an "Octopus" I use a 2 meter hose folded into a neohren sleeve - it opens by pooling in case of need and it comes out of one of the bottom mix tanks ususally the left one according to ANDI standards.

For my left reg I use an old Beuchat VS4 and almost any other reg can be switched - Apex, Aqua-Lung, Spiro, ScubaPro etc.

Danny

Danny,

If I understand you correctly you have a reg from the right on a bungee, a reg from the left on a bungee, and another reg, usually from the left, folded up in a neoprene sleeve. In addition you have a spg for both left and right.

Where is your inflator coming from?

It sounds like you are diving independent doubles?

Brad

Hi Brad (atmox)
You got it right I do use for my tech dives independet doubles.
My inflator comes normnaly or crossed depends, I still haven't desided which is more comfortable. I'm using the super wings so I have two inflators. I also tied together the inflator and the pressure gage together (two hoses on each size) and I bring them from above so I have no hoses under my arm except the Octopus.
As for the main regs they both come on the same bungy chord with a short rope from them to the chord allowing moving space.

That's about it.

Danny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom