What is a troll?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy:
I'll add that trolls are also implicitly people who barge in on forums having never been there before, who usually don't know anything about the subject being discussed, who don't know or care to know any of the "regulars", who pay little attention to what others are saying, and often disappear once they've had their little laugh, never to return again. They get a kick out of chaos. Some make a big show about having hurt feelings when everyone gangs up on them, or, conversely, when everyone ignores them. They're often losers.
Good reply Bill! (He's right!)

- but :11: wait?!?! doesn't that make me... ummm...:sprint:I think I'll retry my posts... :D

Moogyboy:
I'll add that trolls are also implicitly people who barge in on forums having never been there before, who usually don't know anything about the subject being discussed, who don't know or care to know any of the "regulars", who pay little attention to what others are saying, and often disappear once they've had their little laugh, never to return again.
That's because the best trolls are really sock puppets. :biggrimja

jmani:
So I have seen a few responses to posts listed as a troll, also a few of the groups are "No troll areas". But what does it mean?

I don't think I "troll" but I don't know without knowing what it is.

Thanks,

John
John,
Don't worry, I looked through your past posts and I don't see any trolling going on.
So, either you are not a troll or you are just not doing it right. :D

I will be happy to give you some pointers if you feel like trolling around. :11:

Trolls aren’t bad, they’re just typed that way. :drejnd:
Jeffrey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom