Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok after reading all the various comments on where are your keys. There are key boxes that you can get at any major hardware store that use a combination to get into them. I am an outdoors enthusiast. I put one of these key boxes on each of my vehicles. If I have an alarm keyfob and I put it in a small zip-lock bag then voila no more worries. If you rent a car get the ones that are used by realestate agents that clips over something....these will clip easily in holes in the frames and other places.

justleesa:
what about those water tight cases? you know the ones in CC size. Could they take the pressure of a deep dive?
I use an "otterbox" , credit card size , to put my car keys, divebox key, debt card, and some cash , so I do not leave anything onshore when I dive , put the box into my trim pocket on my Knighthawk BC , been to 100' , no leaks yet

DB

Edit: "Do you realized you resurrected this post????" and ....?

offroaddiver:
ok after reading all the various comments on where are your keys. There are key boxes that you can get at any major hardware store that use a combination to get into them. I am an outdoors enthusiast. I put one of these key boxes on each of my vehicles. If I have an alarm keyfob and I put it in a small zip-lock bag then voila no more worries. If you rent a car get the ones that are used by realestate agents that clips over something....these will clip easily in holes in the frames and other places.

Do you realized you resurrected this post????

Last entry was 11-25-2004.

I have a drysuit, I tend to put the key in one of my undergarment's pockets.. But if I am in wetsuit, I put my key in my BC's pocket.

There really is life after death... hee hee :D
I love those keychains with the plastic spring bracelets. Great for jogging, easy to find in a purse, and my car key is secure on my wrist under my wetsuit. I wouldn't wear it with just a bikini, though... the sparkly key might attract something with teeth. Then I use a small belt purse for keys and motel cards.

I just use my swimsuit pocket for my (non-electronic) car key.

At my house, silly. We have a limo take us to the airport. :D

I have a truck box and drop the keys in there and then take that key with me. If thieves are going to break into the truck box and search for the key then you will take the truck anyway.

My doors don't lock, so I hide it inside my truck :D

simbrooks:
Attached to my shorts i wear under my wetsuit, although i really should put it somewhere else to get at it easier (like in a pocket). One tip, rinse your key in fresh water prior to using it to open your car if you are diving saltwater - saves your locks :wink:

I know people who hide it under the bumper, in the exhaust pipe or on top of a wheel/under the wheel arch, others hide it in an item of clothing that they leave near the shore - i dont like these hiding places myself.

Same here. When I am shore diving, I wear a pair of shorts under my wetsuit that has a zipper pocket on it.

Thanks for the tip about rinsing your key in frest water... I would have never thought about that. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom