Color Filter for Sony Marine Pack MPK-THB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bayou Platypus

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know which color filter is used for the Sony Marine Pack MPK-THB?

Color filter VF-MPTH is designed for the Sony Marine Pack MPK-THA...does anyone know if this same filter will also work for the MPK-THB?

Skip the filter and get close and use the flash. The general opinion is the filter does not help much and hurts due to reducing the amount of light. It is also very depth dependant, shallow will be to red, deep it will not help. Save your money and buy Phtotshop Elements and correct the color when you get home. YMMV.

Cecil:
Skip the filter and get close and use the flash. The general opinion is the filter does not help much and hurts due to reducing the amount of light. It is also very depth dependant, shallow will be to red, deep it will not help. Save your money and buy Phtotshop Elements and correct the color when you get home. YMMV.

Thanks...and or those interested, the VP-MPTH color filter is designed to work with both the Sony Marine Pack MPK-THA and MPK-THB.

Spearhead,

what I use when editing my photos in photoshop tends to be "color balance" and "brightness/contrast"... you can also use "auto levels" and hue saturation to really bring out the sharpness of a picture

Additionally, you can adjust the levels of individual colors in photoshop, to increase the amount of red, and decrease the blue a little bit. I wouldn't advise using the "auto levels" since they tend to over-do it a little bit for my tastes.

There is also the "mandrake process" which is posted here. http://pt010.da-kine.info/adjustments.htm

This has also been mentioned several times on SB, and is quite effective at color correcting blue looking UW photos.

Back
Top Bottom