Music while underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJScubaDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here's a thought I've had for a while. Has anyone ever developed a way to listen to music while diving? I would think this task would be accomplished with an iPOD type device, but the ear buds would probably not be suitable to dive with as they block the ear canal and with a hood (which I use quite often) would be even more difficult. Hmmm....a speaker integrated hood? now there's an idea.....

Anyone seen anything like this or have a comment about it I'd love to konw.

Last thing I want to hear underwater is human music whether it is from an iPod like device or underwater speakers from a dive boat! I'm there for the natural experience and personally would find that a terrible intrusion on my experience. Of course if it is a strictly personal music device, then do whatever floats your boat since I won't hear it.

Come on Dr. Bill, don't you wanna have a "Into the Blue" experience? :) I'll be Jessica Alba if you'll be Paul Walker.... :D j/j.

Or how about playing some JAWS...duh-dun...duh-dun....

heheh, to each his own.

I see how it could be a pretty etheral experience but might be a little concerned about general dive awareness. I use sound for reference quite a bit. Besides there could be times when getting too meditative might not be such a good idea ...?

h20 audio makes a unit that sells for around $200.00, 380ish with the ipod check it out.

Went diving this weekend with a girl who had an underwater iPod. Even I could hear her music. I guess some would like it. As much as I like my music out of water, I just like serenity under water. I guess in some cases it would be ok, but seems like you would need your ears for safety reasons in others. I guess to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom