ScubaPro Mk 25 Regulator for stage bottle use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I work at a dive shop and thats pretty gay that he would bad mouth another manufacturer just because he doesnt carry it. (He's not confident in his products) We do not carry scuba pro where I work, (But they make some awsome stuff) I wouldnt say its the best, but when it comes down to it for the most part now a days regulators are pretty marginal in the fact they almost breathe the same. I will say this though....I have heard from service techs that they are alot more difficult to work on, and parts can be costly as opposed to something like the dive-rite reg...which does come with limited life time warranty...and two years parts and service. Food for thought/

Cesar,
I have to disagree with you. My three sets of S600/Mk25 DIN's have lifetime warranty on the regs. The only caviat is that you have to have them serviced (like clockwork) yearly. Scubapro will cover the cost of the parts (thereby negating that cost factor) however, the owner has to pony up the costs of the labor.
In speaking with a diveshop owner that sells both Scubapro and Aqualung, his comment was that the regs are about the same in breathing ease. Since his store sells Aqualung (and so therefore Apeks) and Scubapro, he had no vested fiscal intrest in pushing me either direction.

Hope this helps you in your quest to reach nirvana in your scuba equipment choices. My guess is that either one would suit you well...in that case...which one is least expensive to buy and then maintain. Then take the left over money and go diving. Because in the end that is what it is really about.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom