Blue Hole Divers....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was supposed to go in Nov. but then found out it was closed. Dec 10-11 sounds good. I should have my regulator back by then. When you firm up a date for Feb, post it I should be able to go then too.

Dan

I was there this past weekend. Vizibility was around 20' they are not done yet but opened it for the weekend. Allot of people thougg.

DandyDon:
ABQdiver mentioned he'd be there Dec 10-11, so I'm shooting for that. I'll be in warmer waters the end of the month. :D

Would enjoy seeing you there, along with any other SB folks. Stella got her tanks vized last month! and new O-rings!!

ABQdiver, where do you stay when you go...??

Who knows about Feb, 3 months off...?
Dec 10-11 sounds pretty good to me, I can probably make it. I'll likely not bring a home buddy...since I don't have any buddies around here. WAAAAHHH!!!! I need to meet some NM divers!!

I spoke with Stella at the fill shack tonight, and she told me that they are thru cleaning it for now, with the viz clearing nicely. She said they had their metal detectors working, cops looking for possible evidence I suppose? Anyway, it should be better by this weekend, and super clear by Dec 10. She also confessed to not having all new o-rings, but will by then. :D

Keep in mind that they are planning more work in the spring...??

I went ahead and booked a room for Fri & Sat nights at the Best Western Adobe - near the freeway, not the one close to the La Quinta where Kevin ABQdiver stays. $58 AAA rate + 11.3% tax per night for 2 people. I don't know what Kevin gets at the LQ? Motel 6 shows to be $34 a night and there are some local hotels. Here is the complete hotel list for the town.

Sounds like we have ourselves a dive party!!

Hilary, I think there will be plenty of buddies to choose from!!

DandyDon:
I don't know what Kevin gets at the LQ?

And it fills up for whatever reason. When I say expensive, I mean for SantaRosa. I stayed there a couple times, and if memory servies it's like $90 a night double. Actually not bad if you split the cost, but then again we stay for under $50 a night double, so..

Let's face it, I'm there to dive, and the LQ is not THAT nice even if I do dig their waffel breakfast!!

RonFrank:
And it fills up for whatever reason. When I say expensive, I mean for SantaRosa. I stayed there a couple times, and if memory servies it's like $90 a night double. Actually not bad if you split the cost, but then again we stay for under $50 a night double, so..

Let's face it, I'm there to dive, and the LQ is not THAT nice even if I do dig their waffel breakfast!!
Their web site quotes $86 for 2 on those dates, $77 AAA rate, but I think Kevin ABQdiver can get a better rate with his dive shop. They are nice hotels.

I've always liked the Best Western Adobe, which I get for $56 AAA, but I'm sure the Motel 6 is fine at $34, and I guess the cheaper, local hotels have smoke alarms?

ABQdiver:
Over night in Santa Rosa; Usually the La Quinta Inn

If your talking about Key Largo, then we're staying at the Ocean Pointe Suites!! Can't wait!!:D

Can you get us any *deals* at LaQuinta if we mention your LDS (nod, wink :wink: )

I stayed there with A1 scuba, and I think we still paid $75. Granted I'm sure the A1 staff were getting the deep discount rate, potentially free for every X number of rooms they booked, but this is just speculation on my behalf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom