Anyone Play Pranks on Fishing Lines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711:
Best solution I've ever heard of for problem boats.

----------------

So there I was, taking photo's when this anchor nearly clips my dive buddy right in the ear! I was pretty taken aback - but not nearly as much as my buddy. Luckily, he had thought ahead.

After tying their anchor line to the largest rock we could find, we carefully ascended... me with my camera, and him with a spare boat plug!

We surfaced right beside the boat, and using some not-so-complimentary language, told the fishermen to watch what they were doing. One fishermans reply was "What are you going to do about it?"

My buddy responded with "Not as much as you are - hope you like swimming!" and tossed the boat plug into the boat!

I happily snapped many pictures of panicking fishermen, scrambling to pull in their lines and take off, only to discover they were tied to a large rock...

Nice story. Now you're obligated to share some pictures!

Actually, this was not so much a problem boat, but a problem boater. I won't mention the particular problem, however, a diver approached the boat at its slip, took the nuts off the bolts holding the zinc plate in place, removed the zinc plate, wrapped the bolts with plastic wrap, replaced the zinc plate, replaced the nuts, and left. Thus, while the boat appeared to be protected by zincs, it wasn't as there was actually no electrical connection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom