Suggest a small speargun available online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Father-in-law's christmas request this year is a small speargun (he's a very experienced certified diver on the FL Gulf coast, long time lobsterer, I believe he used to spear in the past) - what's a good quality speargun that might fit the bill? What qualifies as small - 24"? Not overly keen on getting a $25 popgun, would like it to be a quality gift. I believe it's something he'd like to be able to keep in his boat and take along on a dive for opportunistic use rather than any dedicated spearfishing trips.

Preferably something we can buy online from a US based store as we live in Australia.

thanks!

Spearguns are as individual as the person using it. Check out spearfishinggear.com & give them a call. They're good people & will set you up right!

Scubaroo:
Hi,

Father-in-law's christmas request this year is a small speargun (he's a very experienced certified diver on the FL Gulf coast, long time lobsterer, I believe he used to spear in the past) - what's a good quality speargun that might fit the bill? What qualifies as small - 24"? Not overly keen on getting a $25 popgun, would like it to be a quality gift. I believe it's something he'd like to be able to keep in his boat and take along on a dive for opportunistic use rather than any dedicated spearfishing trips.

Preferably something we can buy online from a US based store as we live in Australia.

thanks!

I agree with the above post it all depends what he likes as there are many types.

I have a small one prob about a foot or foot and a half it pneumatic comes with a pump from what I rember it can take up to 80 pumps and be fired about 30 times before it starts loosing use. If you are interested let me know I used it a few times but I live in PA now and speargun use is against the law so I am looking to sell it cheap paid about 150 for it will let it go for way less.

Scubaroo,

The JBL Explorers are the minimum quality guns IMO. The 20 has a 24" spear, but the 22 will shoot a lot more fish with a 34" spear, as bigger is always better! The 24 is a real nice mid size gun, with a 42" spear.

http://www.jblspearguns.com/index.html

Wong spearguns are on the top end of the ultimate quality guns.

http://www.wongspearguns.com/

Chad

Back
Top Bottom