Beginner sites in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arenny

Contributor
Reaction score
Where are the best dive spots for beginners in Monterey? Easy entry and not a lot of surge or currents... Down to 30' since my buddy will not be able to dive deeper than that - medical.

thanks!

arenny:
Where are the best dive spots for beginners in Monterey? Easy entry and not a lot of surge or currents... Down to 30' since my buddy will not be able to dive deeper than that - medical.

thanks!
that would be breakwater....you won't get lost finding the wall :D

On an ideal day almost any Monterey shore dive is "beginner" friendly with interesting diving to 30'. On a bad day, even the "beginner" spots will have breaking waves and heavy surge. I'd pay attention to overall conditions of the entire Monterey Bay.

That said, the Breakwater is an obvious user-friendly choice. Just down the street, Mcabee beach beach would also fit the bill.

http://www.lesjackson.com/mcabee.htm

Breakwater's good. If he's still there, there's a particularly friendly harbor seal that likes to hang out between 20-30' at McAbee. Lover's Cove is good, just make sure it's at high tide, probably off beach 2, and make sure conditions in the area are good, but that's a very pretty dive around 25-30' and there are a number of seals that hang out over there.

Back
Top Bottom