Dive Shop in the GTA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess it depends on what you prefer as "gear". If you're looking for danglies, retractors, split-fins, spare airs etc.......you have a huge number of stores to choose from. If you're a rather descerning diver, your options are limitted to the likes of Dive Tech, Northern Tech Diver, and Dans Dive. I'm sure there are others I may have missed, but not many.

I just bagged almost $1000.00 worth of stuff the other day from Tom @ NTD, on my doorstep in 2 days, I never left the house. It's real easy when you know exactly what you want, and/or you know you can trust the guy selling you the stuff because they are so well versed in what works. I have had equally good experiences with Dive Tech when I am out that way. They are all great guys in my book.

I am pretty adamant about not buying gear or getting "advice" from guys that can't dive to save their life. They'll sell you the junk in stock whether you need it or not, and it's obvious they're all about selling gear and too little about the diving and the divers best interest.

Regards

Steve, does this mean because your an instructor and you shop in the east your a good diver.LOL

BD

while on the aquarius subject don't leave out Guy, he has been of invaluble help to my wife and i.

Yes! I second that, Guy has been around for 30 years in the diving industry and is well respected by us senior more experienced divers LOL and he's a darn good regulator technician, probably one of the best in Ontario.

BD

Thats the type of come back we all expected to hear from you Tom and once again if it does not promote NTD, you have nothing good to say unlike your competition down the road who helps and promotes every one in the diving business. Very childish.

BD

Tom R:
What you forgot to say BD is that your Dad is bigger as well, maybe you can get your gang and after recess have a dive off with Steve.

LOL. Pretty much dude.

Had to stop and think of where that ignore button was for a moment.

Brad and paul at colt creek make the drive to newmarket worh it.

As is brian at Dive source

I second the recommendation for Colt Creek
and obviously NTD is second to none

as for the OFWF/NTD jab, I seem to recall sometime in the past "the competitor down the road" calling anyone who visited Ontario Diving to be a dweeb or a loser or something to that effect.

adrisen:
Brad and paul at colt creek make the drive to newmarket worh it.

As is brian at Dive source

Thanks Ashley.

I haven't dropped in here at SB in nearly a year, however it's interesting to see the same old things being discussed.

My reccomendation to the gentleman is to pick the shop closest to him as all the shops in Toronto are good operations working hard for their customers.

Best wishes to everyone and have a safe and happy 2006 Dive Season

Back
Top Bottom