Dive Boat Names

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great names, guys! Keep em' coming (hey..I think I just made up a name!). The boat is going to be hauled out in February at which time we will do the ceremony. Anybody on the Virgin Islands is welcome to attend. Let me know if you have any interest.

padiscubapro:
A boat that I own with a friend is called
"Deep Penetration"...
A boat with a name like that probably gets as many women on it as a boat named "The Raging Queen."

Tom Winters:
A boat with a name like that probably gets as many women on it as a boat named "The Raging Queen."

So far we have never had any problems.. And its not like you could miss the name.. One of our friends use to work for a place that did all sorts of laser cut decals.. So its in nice big letters on the sides of the boat..

The name is definately good for a laugh or two... The name was actually suggested by a female!

This past summer there was a boat in Boston Harbor named "Man *****". I have also seen "Where's Whitey" (referring to a Massachusetts mobster Whitey Bulger for those not familiar).

I think a boat name should be personal - something significant to you.

--Matt

ohmdiver:
Best name I saw was "P B4 U Go" Thought it was good advise. Saw this on another thread
That was my suggestion in this thread started by Uncle Pug to name his whaler, though this most excellent suggestion was not used :rolleyes:

Another thread with lots of good name suggestions can be found in this thread to name my boat.

I asked about the naming procedure here. Though I didn't need or use it, the link to the renaming ceremony was posted.

Its pretty common to change the name if you by it used...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom