New to Site, looking for Dive Buddies in Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Divedeeper and welcome to the board. Me and my dive buddy live in Douglasville Georgia and we go diving once or twice a month. We will be going to South Florida March 16-19 somewhere near pompino (sp?) or so..Heck the dive shop still has opening on it if you are interested. We do a lot of spring diving in the winter and we have not done lake Lanier as of yet..Can't wait for the weather to warm up and goto PCB....

Take care my friend and once again welcome to the boad

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-013.gif

Hi Kurt,

As someone mentioned I haven't posted on here for a very long time (forgot I was registered!), but was alerted to your post via e mail. Thanks ScubaBoard!

Believe me, I understand your passion for diving - there's nothing that compares. Unfortunately, my wife and I don't dive nearly as much as we'd like to with our vocations and church service work taking up quite a bit of time. We do try and plan our summer vacations around diving and have so far dived off the Florida Keys, Navarre Beach, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and a few of the springs in North Florida. This year we're planning a trip to Belize (lord willing) and cannot wait!

So, three might be a crowd on our vacations, but we have occasionally gone to a couple of quarrys in nearby states for some in-between diving. If we do again, we'll let you know. We also like to do a "warm-up" dive in a pool at Swim Atlanta in Suwanee Georgia a few weeks before our vacations just to get used to diving again and get our gear wet. Although it's not too exciting, it is breathing underwater. So if you'd like to join us, let me know.

My e mail address is halon1@juno.com. Please write if you have any questions or just want to talk about scuba.

We live up in Braselton, so we're not too far from you.

Take care,

Michael

By the way, as far as your age...we are both around 40 and know and have friends of all ages - even teens. And we know many 15-17 year olds in our church that are more mature than some folks in their 50s! No problem!

desperate4dives:
Hey Mike,
I'm new to the site also and looking for dive buddies in the Atlanta area. I live in gwinnett i'm sixteen but quite mature for my age i think. Post if your interested in diving sometime.
Thanks,
Kurt

thanks. Hey if you hear anything about someone needing a dive buddy give me a holler? Also do u know about working ona liveaboard as a dive instructor it would be very helpful as that's what im planning on doing when im eighteen for a year before i go off to college thanks,
Kurt

Back
Top Bottom