Cayman Dive Lodge, November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rasmusmr

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone on the board has been to the East End of Grand Cayman in November (or if anyone is planning on being there this year).

We will be arriving in early November for a week and I was wondering what to expect.
Thanks everyone.

Given that there are no late season tropical storms or hurricanes, it should be quite nice. Not overly hot & humid yet still warmly tropical, vis about as good as it gets & water temps around 80 plus/minus a degree.

I adore the east end and suspect that you will, too.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Thanks for the reply. I was a guest at the Little Cayman Beach Resort a few years ago and still consider that to the best warm water diving I have ever done (among Hawaii, Coz, the Keys and Cuba). I haven't heard a bad thing yet about the East Side of GC and I am really looking forward to it. We are certainly hoping that the weather co-operates and have a trip similair to the reports I have read from others.

Thanks again for your reply,
Mark

By November, we expect the sweltering days to be behind us, and the diving to be exceptional (as always).

As always, keep your ears peeled for any news which may affect your dive plans.

Doc, Enough! with the late season hurricane talk. At the rate we're going lately, it will be another 7 or 8 to get through the regular hurricane season. :loopy: One every ten days is quite enough now.

BTW Anyone else notice that Kyle is forecast to drift oh-so-slowly to the southwest? Cripes!

You will absolutely not be disappointed in the CDL if what you are going to Cayman for is the diving. They treat you as divers instead of tourists. And they handle all your gear for you. You'll carry your dive gear in, and back out, and that is the only time you have to worry about it. And the food is outstanding too, with plenty of it.

The reason you are treated as a diver instead of a tourist is because there is not much to do at the lodge except dive, sit on the beach or read a book. No TV, no phones, no worries! :)

We've been there twice and are going back in Jan. Unfortunately, my in-laws now have a time-share at the Tortuga club (also east end) so we will not get to stay at CDL. However, we get 2 days of diving free with the tortuga dive operation. After that, if what I suspect is accurate, we will be diving the rest of the trip at CDL, because I don't believe the tortuga dive op is going to measure up the the very high standards set at CDL.

You will love it.
Thanks,
Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom