Which Mesh Bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being a duck hunter I use decoy bags to haul duck decoys. They are strong, very durable, have shoulder straps, and a medium bag is really the right size. There are huge bags that are made for lots of decoys or the larger goose decoys, and they are too big. They are also cheeper than the ones made for scuba divers.

TwoBit

I use a mesh bag that is rectangular shaped, mesh top and bottom with solid cordura sides. The mesh is like a course screen mesh. It has a long zipper that completely open the top making it easy to pack and remove all gear. It has shoulder straps as well as a sturdy handle on the side.

Can't tell you what brand because the tag wore out along time ago and I dan't remember...I just know it when I see it!

Not much help, huh?

Hey dirzzt117,

If you would like I could make you a mesh bag out of the heavy mesh we use on our wieght belts. All I would need is the size you would want LxWxH Then I could let you know what the cost would be. I'm pretty sure that it would be quite a bit cheaper in price but of a better quality. If you have any questions about how stronge the mesh is that we use post a question asking any members on the board what they think of it. You could PM uncle Pug and ask his thoughts about it. You can also cheek out our web-site. Let me know if this sounds good. This goes for anyone out there!

www.scubatoys.com has a nice sized mesh bag for $20. I recently bought one, and it fits all my gear minus exposure suit. It's pretty good quality.

I agree with Raxafarian, the Stahlsac deluxe mesh bag is a great way to go. I'm able to fit just about everything that I need for boat diving with room to spare. Here's a link for you:
Stahlsac

Rick

raxafarian once bubbled...
the akona's that I've tried fell apart. Got a stahlsac and it works good.

I have a LARGE (about 3+ feet tall), Akona mesh bag. It has a grap strap on the top and also can be worn as a backpack. It is huge compared to the other Akona mesh bags I have seen. I like it. It actually carries all of my gear with room to spare. It has a large outside pocket. So far it seems to be holding up pretty good.

I have *not* had any problems at all with my 2 Akona Boat Mesh
duffle bags. One for my wife and one for myself. I have used them for over 80+ dives now (NC coast, quarries, BonAire) plus lots of pool sessions. They have a HUGE amount of space and have not ripped, frayed or had any type of structural issues at all. I have a tendency to OVER-PACK with spare gear which is not a problem with this bag at all.

This bag is an extremely good value and probably one of the best investments that I have made in gear for diving. :wink:

http://www.akona.com/Pages/akb512.html

My $.02.

--dawg :)

Back
Top Bottom