Dive Charters Vancouver Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait a minute....

:lurk: + :coke: = :happyjaz:....

Okay, carry on.

NTDS:
Personally I would prefer bolts and don't really give a damb about transport canada and thier BS they are not the ones that may have a failure underwater,

I've never really understood doubling up the burst disks. A failed burst disk is very, very rare (proven), and IMHO I really do not understand what the big deal is if one fails. Plan your dive well....and it shouldn't be a problem.
To me, a failed burst disk is more of a inconvenience, rather than a emergency.

Why you promote double disking I don't understand. You dive the DIR philosophy, which means emphasis on teamwork, etc....
Why do you find the need to double disk?

It is very rare, and you should be good at your in water valve shutdowns, etc....

Am I missing something here?

JeffG:
Yea. You would think the audience would be pretty darn small. Tough to make money.....
....So are rebreathers out of the question?

Well, well, well ....look who the cat dragged in! Could/should have figured you'll chime in here - I guess you don't miss anything. Keep up the good work Jeff. :wink:

As for the response.....guess what, but there are many proper/normal tech divers out there that go diving as well, and a self proclaimed quasi DIR (with contradicting values) only charter operator would defiantly not be on our list.

Tamas:
Well, well, well ....look who the cat dragged in! Could/should have figured you'll chime in here - I guess you don't miss anything. Keep up the good work Jeff. :wink:
Well, I do dive the west coast quite a bit and to see this attitude is kinda interesting.

It would be quite amusing to see the faces of my buddies if they were told that they had to do a check out dive :D

Tamas:
As for the response.....guess what, but there are many proper/normal tech divers out there that go diving as well, and a self proclaimed quasi DIR (with contradicting values) only charter operator would defiantly not be on our list.
Might not be on my list either.

Tamas:
WHAT???? Did you and I just agree on something? It's not April 1st anymore is it? Or has certain warm part frozen over????
Oh get over it already, and Its not the first time either :wink:

Tamas:
??? I realize it, but it shocks me non the less.
LOL

Back
Top Bottom