Zeagle RaZor 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivnSapper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone have experience with the Zeagle RaZor 1st stage. I am thinking about getting it for use in a pony bottle application.

Couple of specific questions:
  1. Issues with getting the tank filled... can any LDS accomodate the valve regulator combo? The Zeagle website shows an available filling whip for use of another tank but does this also allow direct connetion to the compressor hoses?
  2. Any issues with breathing at depth, performance, etc?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I suggest sending a PM to Scott Zeagle on this board.

The new Razor regulator can be seen on this link.
http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&id=34&category=Regulators

It shows breathing performance better than Navy A level.

The regulator is new but built from old tried and true technology. It's a simple flow by piston regulator, built onto the base of a valve. It has been used pretty heavily on Rapid Divers and on pony tanks.

This link first shows the filling adapter that comes with it, so any dive store can connect their filler hose. http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&id=168&category=Regulators

Cross-over filling from a scuba tank can be done with two different attachments, like the one shown above. Zeagle has not finalized the style of cross over filler we will sell yet. I've used three models so far.

The latest part made to mount our 6 cu ft bail out system was shown at Mac's Sports yesterday in the Scuba Diving Magazine Ten City Tour. Pricing will be available very soon. I'll also post a new photo later.

Chad
FL Zeagle Rep.

wow, nice set up - where can I buy the pressure gauge and the overflow valve - www.scuba.com doesn't seem to have them (I don't want my LDS to order it - I want it NOW)

Thanks Chad,

I had not seen the page showing the brass filling adaptor.

I saw the breathing machine report on the Zeagle Web page... but still curious if the 1st stage provides the same great performance we have all grown accustomed to on a complete seperate regulator system... especially with all of the modern regulators being so efficient in gas delivery.

The attachment of the regulator to the tank will not greatly affect the performance. the reg will likely perform similar to other flow-by piston regs (Oceanic SP5, Scubapro Mk2). Workhorse design, easy to service, lower end performer. The balanced second stage may add to a better WOB though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom