snorkel use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

they can be usefull, in current, heavey chop, and out of air, been there done that, glad I had mine.

A prudent diver should always wear or have a snorkel....

CaptAdam:
A prudent diver should always wear or have a snorkel....
OK I'll bite... why?

Dutchman:
Just returned from Hawaii. Had a great time even with all the rain.
It seemed I was the only diver with a snorkel. Was I wrong in having one. I got lots of strange looks because I had it with me. I guess it is just old school habit.

Do you use a snorkel?

i don't use snorkel but i'm planning to have one just in case...i think its ok to have one, and if you're comfortable...snorkel helps if you're on the surface and you have to swim somewhere, atleast you don't have to waste your air in the tank...

enjoy your dives!

-lai-

tachyon:
I carry a foldable in my BC pocket except in classes when I clip one to my mask. I like having the foldable available if I have a long surface swim, but in all honesty, I haven't had many where it was needed. It's kind of like a knife. I don't use it often, but when you need one, there's no substitute.

Same here. For class assistances, I will always have a snokel attached. But for OW water dives where I am not assisting a class, I always have a foldable on in my pocket.

A "foldable (bendable) snorkel located in a BC pocket" is the preferred option in my opinion. Check out the Tusa Platina hyperdry snorkel.

I don't use snorkel but aways in my BC for any necessary

Most of my dives are from shore, and the surface swim usually involves running a bit of a slalom through kelp. Besides the kelp factor, I find swimming on my back to be slow and tiring, and you might miss seeing something cool down below. Therefore, I'm very good friends with my snorkel. Your situation may be different, and don't worry about what the other divers think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom