How often do you dive(teen divers online)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there Sparrowhawk
You mean you get travel discounts?!When you say "student diver",do you mean divers who are schooling or just divers who learn from the LDS?

The only discount i get from my LDS is 20% off the stuff i purchase,courses sometimes,trips never(sometimes for short haul trip i do get some discount).

but the trip to there is about $2,000 - $3,000 (it varies if you're a non-diver, certified diver, or a student diver) but that is way too expensive for me.

Peace out and dive safely eyebrow

Hiya,

A "Student Diver" is a diver who is schooling at the Dive Shop and going on a trip with them. Sometimes it costs more for student divers than certified divers, so the price varies. I think if you rent something such as a BCD from the Dive Shop and you're a student diver you get a discount, I am not sure how much of a discount you get though.

See ya later,

Sparrowhawk

Ya student divers usually get a discount I got 20% off anything I bought when I was a student it was great. Too bad they wouldnt let me apply it to doubles or a drysuit lol.

Cheers Alex

Hey wats up ppl, and I thought i'll spend the next few years talking to ppl twice my age on this board...
What I've done is basically started(restared... it's kinda comlicated) ith a few other peopl our campus scuba club... and basically get free airfills and lots of discounts from out LDS. Maybe you guys should consider that if you college doesn't have one. Believe me, all diving-related businesses want to see groups of younger generation divers hanging around and using their stuff; it's a better adertisement both for scuba classes ad gear sales than another space on the classified page of you local news paper.

Hey DementialFaith, my tertiary insitution does have that and i'm part of the club's committee.

We are afflilated to a NAUI dive center(All of club members are NAUI trained,except for the sectetery and me who are PADI train and plan to stay that way).We get discounts on short-haul trips and the owner gives us very good discounts on rental equipments(though the condition of the equipments are "not really in a good shape") when there is a tryout for interested students.

Do your club have the problem of divers who join for OW then fade away and turn down opportunities to go diving? My club is facing this problem and is trying to get more students to come and dive.

Oh...yes one more problem...the club is almost exclusively male students from the engineering faculty and there is only less than a handful of female students.That stinks...:banghead:

I think it's just the way things are as far as people fading away... a scuba club is just like any other hobby relate groups. People get intersted, but they don't necessarily get committed. Just look at them as an extra source of membership fee. (they don't ue anything :D)
Also there are people who's still trying to get their hands on thier gears. For now our club's fund is just too small to be providing much help to these people, so they're basically having their fingers crossed right no for some wonderful Xmas presents.
As for girls... sorry... can't really help you with that... UCSB is just one of those campuses that never run out of gorgeous co-eds. Cheers!

i m going on my first ever overseas dive trip early 2006 to Sipadan, malaysia for 6 days........cant wait and i m only going with my older brother, mum and dad arent around......:p
cheers and dive safe
kenny:)

I got my cert in May at my local or rather closest quarry. Since then I have done about 15 dives. Over the summer my family and I went to Florida and we were able to dive in Key Largo, Miami, and Ft. Lauderdale. Been diving at quarry some since then and if I'm lucky my dad and I are going to take a trip to Northern Florida to dive some of the springs. Diving is great :14:

I am not quite sure if I have posted here yet, i have just rediscovered this message set... But:
I am 16 years old
I have 75-80ish dives
I do a lot of diving over the summer, every other year i take a trip over february break, and I get some local diving done very infrequently (Boston, BRR!)
I have my own gear, and I take care of it... I also run a ScubaClub at school, I know, that weird, but its a lot of fun...
I am a Resue Diver/MSD and I have been certified since 2001...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom