Mares Avanti Quattro fins - for dry suit boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirl15

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Any chance of Mares making the Quattros beyond the XL size? If you're diving drysuit with rock boots or other similarly rugged footwear, and your feet are big to begin with, there's just no way to get your foot in the largest Quattro currently available.

I have a student right now who is doing his darnedest to stay in his Quattros even though it's practically a Chinese foot-binding exercise in torture! :)

Sorry, there is no plan to add a larger foot pocket larger than the XL at this time.

Regards,

Phil

Too bad... I love my Mares fins, but if I'm diving dry (which I usually do) they just aren't an option. If they were available in a large enough pocket size, I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat and recommend them to others. I think they'd definately be in demand.

That's too bad. I hope there'll be an opportunity in the future to add a larger foot pocket to Mares cold water diver collection.

Now, any suggestions on how to console a diver who has to give up his favourite fins? :)

Yeah, remind him they're still good for vacation diving and get him a pair of fins he can use instead... and a beer.

Back
Top Bottom