Suunto Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sold a guy a Cobra last year, he was having trouble with getting it to download. (kept timing out).
After much head scratching & assorted msc prayers, voodoo charms, etc, it turned out that a weak battery in the Cobra was the culprit. The battery display on the computer said OK, but it wasn't good 'nuff to download.
Just a little info in case that wasn't an isolated incident.:wink:

if you know anyone that would like an interface in the future... i build them for people for $50 plus shipping... It works just the same and saves you some money. Some people say they are only $ .50 worth of stuff... but I spend $15 on material for each one and the rest is my time making it. I can also email anyone a pic if they would like to see it. I have a paypal account that I use for these transactions also.

The software that you can download from the Suunto site is fully functional. The package that you purchase gives you a CD plus the cable.

--dawg

also, just to clarify things, the interfaces are not just "cables", they are more of a translator so that the dive computer can "speak" with the PC. It matches up the signals between the two by way of a small circuit board. I'm sure most everyone realizes this anyway... but I just wanted to point it out for those that aren't familiar with them.

...when one purchases the Suunto Dive Manager kit, one is basically paying big bucks for a proprietary cable (okay, interface). Love the computer, but pretty annoyed with the Suunto product marketing team.

Wish I knew about jamiei before I bought the official one...

Agreed. Unfortunately, each time you have to buy a proprietary cable, the manufacturer gets the full benefit of their monopoly. I got the same frustration with my motorola cell phone PC link. Your only options as buyer are to buy it or not to buy it. I really like the Suunto PC link, so I try not to think too much about it...:rolleyes:

:balloon: I threw a party for myself today----bought majority of my major gear ($3000 poorer) I purchased the vytec based on it's ability to personalize it to your own profiles and also the infrared transmitting capability. Curious on opinions of others that have ope on it's performave. Worth the money? G -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom