Nite-Rider Pro Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

red_infinity:
I saw this in Scuba Diving Magazine:

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/NTR7...vSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=False&Hit=1

Does anyone use this? I am in the market for a light and was wondering if this would be a great light.

-Francis

Hey Francis,

If you are in the market for a good battery powered light check out the Green Force Flexi Fun Star http://www.mantaind.com/green_force/flexi_star.htm

It is modular, you can remove the handle and add the umbilical and convert it into a small canister light. The burn time is 16 hours.

Thanks - Greg

Sorry, but that is out of my budget. $300 for the light + the umbilical cord ($90) is something i can't afford, otherwise i would have went for a more expensive canister light.

I don't have the light you reference, but I have a Nite Rider HID light. That product is very well made, and I have nothing but unstinting praise for Nite Rider's customer service. I flooded my light shortly after I bought it, which was probably user error, but they replaced the battery for me, no questions asked, and returned the new battery extremely quickly. They're good people.

If you can find the extra money, the Green Force is the way to go. I've used them and as far as I'm concerned, they are the best lights around. They are extremely rugged and reliable.

Jeff

I love the light. I've used it for YEARS in Commercial diving. I use it all week, with charges, and on the weekends. I've used the light at times during the day at work but it is with me at least 30% of the diving year. I do about 800hrs a year. It's take so much abuse that when it floods I'll still think it was the best investment in a dive light I've ever had.
I use it on both Hard Hat diving and SCUBA diving at work. The Hat adapter sometimes gets the brunt of the abuse but the light still works. Just have to have a few adapters on hand during those types of days. Bill

Back
Top Bottom