Canon Rebel XT vs Canon D350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocrmaster

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a crash course lesson in photography from a good friend of mine.

Was I shocked at the capabilities of her Canon D50 compared to my S80.

We went over ISO and Apature settings. She was like... Apature 22 I said "huh my only goes up to 8." Then she goes try ISO 800 "What?"

It was also so easy to use manual mode on her camera. hehehehe

Looks like I am going to start saving up for a DSLR now.

What do you guys recommend, the Rebel XT or the D350?

huh?

I thought the D350 was the Rebel XT. You might also want to look into the Nikon d50. (I was a fan of canon and wanted to switch to rebel and in the end I switched to the Nikon d50).

Featurewise they are around the same level, and the price is more conveninent on the nikon.

ocrmaster:
I just got a crash course lesson in photography from a good friend of mine.

Was I shocked at the capabilities of her Canon D50 compared to my S80.

We went over ISO and Apature settings. She was like... Apature 22 I said "huh my only goes up to 8." Then she goes try ISO 800 "What?"

It was also so easy to use manual mode on her camera. hehehehe

Looks like I am going to start saving up for a DSLR now.

What do you guys recommend, the Rebel XT or the D350?

Canon Rebel XT is the same as Canon 350D. The name will change depending on the country where you buy it.

Good luck.

The Canon Digital Rebel XT and the Canon D350 are the same thing, just a rebranded camera for different markets.

I'd recommend going over to www.dpreview.com an doing a comparison of the various dslrs.
And remember that with a dslr you're making an investment/ buying a system, i.e. all the lenses that will fit that particular camera in the future..

Lots of debate between Nikon and Canon over the years, for what it's worth in the entry level dslr segment of the market I think the Nikon D70 and Canon Digital Rebel XT both deliver stunning results.

And yeah tiny apertures, very high useable ISO's et cetera are just the beginning of advantages that dslrs have over compact point and shoots..

Your wallet will start to hate you very soon :wink:.

Dell.com has 30% off the other week.

ocrmaster:
Dell.com has 30% off the other week.
Dell has some good deals but on some items, you'll have to wait several weeks before it even starts shipping to you. Not for me as I like to get my hands on the gear (junkie that I am) as soon as possible. And yes, biiiiiiiiig difference between a PnS and a dslr. I like finally having a usable high iso and I love playing with the dof available with dslr. Canon or nikon, you can't really go wrong with either one. Good luck :D

Back
Top Bottom