Tobermory Water Temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octgal:
I had a hard time motivating myself to get in my cold damp wetsuit each time
LOL... If it makes you feel better, I had a hard time motivating myself to climb into my drysuit... which is why I spent most of the weekend in front of my wood stove with a good book and a jug of wine! I didn't even put my boat in until Monday!

Stoo:
LOL... If it makes you feel better, I had a hard time motivating myself to climb into my drysuit... which is why I spent most of the weekend in front of my wood stove with a good book and a jug of wine! I didn't even put my boat in until Monday!
Yeah i got 2 dives in on saturday and opted for the jug of wine myself the rest of the weekend!!!

I would have to agree. I got two in on Saturday (Tugs in Little Tub and the Anchor) Both had minimum temps of 46F which wasn't bad (diving wet) it was the cold air temp while removing gear that was torture. Not much of an opportunity to warm up between dives when you are camping. The weather was worse on Sunday so I managed to working on my drinking skills.

May long weekend : between 44-46F on the Niagara, Tugs, lighthouse and Forest City

chloro:
May long weekend : between 44-46F on the Niagara, Tugs, lighthouse and Forest City
Tamas:
Just yesterday, temp on the Niagara II was 36-38oF
Temperatures can vary several degrees over the span of a few hours as winds change and currents vary. Tobermory has as some very deep areas as well and cold water can well up at any time of year. I haven't seen any increase from 41F at depth so far this year. Winds blowing offshore will drop temps by 10 degrees or more when cold water comes up to replace surface water blown offshore.

I am skeptical of the accuracy of your thermometer though Tamas. 36-38 would be pretty unusual at any time except just after the ice has gone out, and near the surface. You might compare it against a known thermometer to test its accuracy.

Stoo:
I am skeptical of the accuracy of your thermometer though Tamas. 36-38 would be pretty unusual at any time except just after the ice has gone out, and near the surface. You might compare it against a known thermometer to test its accuracy.

That was min temp and from 2 different instruments - believe it or not, makes no diff to me.

Tamas:
That was min temp and from 2 different instruments - believe it or not, makes no diff to me.
I stand corrected!

reviving this thread. Anyone know the current temp of toby. I plan on diving this weekend and next week. I won't be going to 150 or anything just staying above 60. Anyone know the depth of the thermocline at certain sites?
thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom