Trimix for girls??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman already had a thread on how to get them out of the house and into the truck. The issues are not peculiar to small women, apparently :)

It is true that the definition of "heavy" changes. When I started, I couldn't get an aluminum 60 out of the pool without major assistance; now I can climb boat ladders with my steel 95.

But I'm still a little worried . . . enough so that this Friday, when I try this for the first time, I'm going to make sure my buddy has a camera and can record whatever hilarious images occur.

dbush:
I have found that as time goes on tanks get lighter.
HHhhaarrrr! A young pup's illusion!
Just you wait...
Love,
Uncle Ricky :)

As a woman, I am concerned about asking for help. There is so much "if you can't carry it, you shouldn't dive it" opinion. How do the men feel about women in doubles asking for help?

most women know that i'll do just about anything for them if they feed me

TheRedHead:
As a woman, I am concerned about asking for help. There is so much "if you can't carry it, you shouldn't dive it" opinion. How do the men feel about women in doubles asking for help?

My buddy who let me dive his extra double 100's is quite the gentleman and kept trying to help me with the tanks. He wouldn't have minded me asking for help but I didn't need his assistance and found it a bit annoying when he tried lifting the bottom of the tanks as I was walking--that pushed me forward and threw me off balance. When he stepped away from the truck for a moment I bear-hugged his set of double 100's and carried them from the truck to the picnic table for him while wearing mine--just trying to be helpful :D
Ber :lilbunny:

TheRedHead:

I am not in any way trying to put a damper on your enthusiasm- however- please consider that you may at some point in time have to assist or rescue a dive buddy in tech gear. Are you capable of doing so? If not- don't do the dives. If you can't learn to move the heavy gear around... I doubt you would be able to rescue a 6 foot something +/- 200lb male in full tech gear. Learn to move the weight. You CAN do it.

No one offered to help me in FL when i was cave diving, in fact i did ask for help lifting my tanks into the back of the truck and was told NO :-(

mean cave divers

chickdiver:
I am not in any way trying to put a damper on your enthusiasm- however- please consider that you may at some point in time have to assist or rescue a dive buddy in tech gear. Are you capable of doing so? If not- don't do the dives. If you can't learn to move the heavy gear around... I doubt you would be able to rescue a 6 foot something +/- 200lb male in full tech gear. Learn to move the weight. You CAN do it.

I haven't asked for help yet. I am concerned about getting up the ladder during my first boat dive with doubles. My only experience has been in the pool. I feel confident about towing a heavy diver. I've done that - in fact my OW instructor weighed 275 lbs without gear and I towed him around a quarry. My TDI instructor feels confident about my diving doubles, so I guess I'm ready. Women always doubt themselves, you know. :)

I have to say that no matter WHAT I do in the gym, I'm not going to be able to get a 250 lb man in full tech gear out of the water. The gear will HAVE to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom