Save Your Bag Box

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
My Armor bag needed zipper work, and now another one has jammed. Good company, tho - lifetime replacement free on zippers. They'd send me free zipper handles, or even free zippers I could have installed at a shoe shop, but - I'm sending it in for them to do. No problem, no charge.

The challenge is finding a box big enough for shipping. Depending on your personal resources, this may not be easy - for that length and width. I found a couple I can tape together, but when the bag comes back - I'm breaking down the box and saving it for next time, whenever. :thumb:

Glad to hear you are able to rersolve the problem. I have recently switched to a back pack style bag with drawstring. I was getting tired of stuck or broken zippers.

Most carriers are perfectly happy to ship your luggage without a box. Most even have airbill attachment envelopes specific for this purpose.

lairdb:
Most carriers are perfectly happy to ship your luggage without a box. Most even have airbill attachment envelopes specific for this purpose.
Oh really? :11: Thanks! Already got this box stowed, but I'll remember that.

If yo do, be really careful to tie down any protruding straps, etc. that could catch and tear on conveyor belts and such. Luggage has issues all the time, and shippers are way less careful than baggage handlers. I wonder if shrink-wrapping it would help if you're going to ship it that way...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom