Wrist Top Computer Divers...compass configuration question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-Rite Nitek Plus computer on my Right wrist and Suunto SK-7 compass on a retractor. There are reasons for each:

I hate a beeping computer, and with it on my left wrist, each time I raise my LP-inflator over my head to release air during surfacing I risk "fooling" the computer into thinking I am charging to the surface. This particularly true with very slow surfacing speeds above 2 ATA (33 feet) in a lot of computers with variable ascent.

As to the retractor, I can hold the compass where I can see it and tuck my elbows into my body which will drastically reduce bad compass angles from "hand or wrist swing".

Oceanic makes a compass boot (holds just about any standard compass including their own) which clamps onto your hose.

I have a wrist-mount compass for dives where I will be using it heavily, but most of the time I just have one screwed to my octo hose. The side benefit is, looking at the compass causes you to practice deploying the octo, and then re-stowing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom