ft lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi all Im thinking of going to ft lauderdale in july for 4-5 days of solid diving, can anyone recommend a decent hotel/dive package? of course im a budget diver :) like everyone else :) any advice/recommendations would be great
John

What dates?

Use Lady GO Diver for the boat. We got a killer deal at Lago Mar for a room last year (nice digs on the ocean).

I would also recommend Parrot Island Scuba and South Florida Diving HQ. If you dive with SFDHQ, you can stay at the Sands Harbor hotel and roll your dive bag right on to the boat from your room. Call Jeff or Sherry @ (800) 771-3483 and they can get you the details and contacts for Sands Harbor. You can also easily access Parrot Island Scuba from this hotel too. If you want to use Lady Go Diver she is only about 5 miles up the Highway. Enjoy your stay. I dove all 3 boats last November and had a great time.

I agree with the others that recommend Lady Go Diver. I booked the trips through Pavan at Dixie Divers (right down the road from the boat). I went on that boat last Labor Day. We did 6 dives on the boat. Nice little boat and not crowded. I would definitely use them again. Have fun.
Don't forget to check out the local beach dives as well. They are worth it!

I have used Parrot Island Scuba this past week and they were MOST EXCELLENT.
Their boats are right at Lighthouse Point making for short rides to the dive sites.

I also like Dixie Divers but I have never been out on the Lady Go Diver. Plan to remedy that soon.

good point about the Sea Emperor....so true.

Hello from Dallas, Texas USA!

I will be visiting FTL in August (19-26). I've gathered reputable boat ops from this thread, but am interested in the shore dive comment.

TeqP:
Don't forget to check out the local beach dives as well. They are worth it!

What shore dives do you recommned?

On that note, what dive spots do you FCDs recommend? Any "must-do" spots? Wrecks?

Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom