Which one Bare XCD2 Tech or DUI CF200X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wfmiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have narrowed it down to 2 drysuits a Bare XCD2 Tech Drysuit or the DUI CF200X.
Other than the price differences are there any pro's and con's between the two?

I want neoprene and front load !!

Thanks

I looked at both then picked the Bare, I think, Havent ordered it yet. The Bare looks to be a much more streamlined suit with everything Im looking for for a lot less coin.

I've never dove either, have dive buddies with each. It seems to me that the price difference is the biggest difference, well no there is the name sewn on the thing too I guess.

My regular bud is on his second Bare, sold the XCD2 due to sizing problems (He traced himself and ordered online, total strokery) and is now in the step down model but loves it. They appear to be as quality as any DUI I've seen, but I doubt that's the popular opinion.

Neoprene? Front Load? My Northern Diver CNX fits that bill and is priced closer to the Bare than the DUI.

I own both an XCD2 & a CF200 and like the Bare better. Less expensive, seals more comfortable. Can order w/ latex or neoprene seals, soft or molded boot, front or back zip. Quality is every bit as good as DUI.

I'm still a new newbie at D/S diving, but I love my XCD2 "Tech".

Perfect fit. Extremely sturdy.

Got it through DiveTank.com. Richard went beyond expectations to help me get fitted.

the K

I think it was Scubatoys that had the Bare on sale and had a free undergarment with it.

I have thousands of hours, really, in my DUI 200. I have a second one incase I rip a cuff on the job. The second has only a couple hundred Hours so it's still new. It's the most comfortable suit I've ever owned. It's got my vote.......Bill

I've got the XCD2 Tech with Trek boots and I'm pretty happy with it. The only thing that doesn't work for me is the whole "self donning" thing. I suppose some folks can do it. If I had it to do over, I would just get the Pro. My bro has it and loves it.

BTW, last weekend, I did 2 dives to 90 FSW in 49 degree water. During my SI I noticed that my undergarment was still on the floor of the boat. I forgot to put it on before the first dive and never noticed it. By the time I realized it, I figured, why bother.

Try being that stupid with a tri-lam. Neoprene rocks.

OK XCD owners, build my suit for me. What would you order?

Thanks for all the replies. Tomorrow I am heading to a DS that is not really that local but they have great prices on DUI's. They said they would price match anyone. The problem is after reading this thread and doing more research I am now leaning towards the Bare.

But if I get a "great" price on a DUI that is close to the Bare price who knows.......

Did you see Picture of Richard the owner of Divetank on his website? He is wearing a DUI FLX 50/50 Drysuit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom