Memorable Unique tips you picked up only on Scubaboard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Things I didn't learn on the 'board, but are worth knowing: -

1. dropping a handful of aka seltzers in the pocket of a noob's BC before a dive can provide much needed entertainment.

2. using a crab in the same way is cruel, but even more amusing (don't do this too a noob)

3. when putting a starfish on your head for comic effect, make sure to wear a hood as those little sucker thingies come out and grasp your hair pretty firmly (the person in question lost quite a bit.

4. Fish love it when you warhammer (allegedly)

5. you need excellent bouyancy skills to drop down on a diver and turn his / her tank off without them noticing

6. When vomiting underwater, carry on, then block mouth with tongue and hit the purge button (fish love that two)

7. pink straw cowboy hats should be secured with a strap as air tends to gather in the bowl and send them rocketing off to the surface

8. pink straw cowboy hats become floopy underwater, ruining the chance for a good opportunity

9. using dive gear over 40 years old makes other divers think you're wierd.

Hope you find these helpful...

TSandM:
No, the easiest way to get chastised is to suggest, even inadvertently and by subtle implication, that DIR is a better way to dive. BTDT
What the heck Lynne......there you go AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I have learned that I have so much more to learn.

From Wiki:

Humans consume sea urchin reproductive organs ("roe") either raw or briefly cooked. Sea urchin roe is a popular food in Korean cuisine, and it is called "uni" in Japanese sushi cuisine. It is also a traditional food in Chile, known as an "erizo". Apart from domestic consumption, Chile and a number of other countries export the sea urchin to Japan in order to meet its demand throughout the country. Traditionally considered an aphrodesiac, sea urchin roe has been found to contain the cannabinoid anandamide .

I do alot of Lake Diving and sometimes it requires walking to get to the waters edge to make a entry. I purchased a Large Carabiner (8") to clip on to the Upper D-Ring of my BC so I can attach my fins, mask,and sometimes hood. This allows me to have my hands free when traversing terrain near the water and keeping my gear together.

Zen - The use of carabiners or "suicide clips" for diving is not a good idea unless it is one that has a threaded locking design. The clip can attach to unwanted things such as ropes, wrecks, monofilament line, seaweed, etc. Keep it in your pocket while in the water for safety.

thepurplehammerhead:
Things I didn't learn on the 'board, but are worth knowing: -

1. dropping a handful of aka seltzers in the pocket of a noob's BC before a dive can provide much needed entertainment.

I gotta try that:lol:

I've learned that putting your mask on your forehead is a universal sign of distress and also a easy place to keep it when not in use.

Back
Top Bottom