New with a wetsuit problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A big vote for the Henderson Hyperstretch!! It's the only suit my husband and I will wear because of it's super comfortable stretchiness. They aren't inexpensive, but well worth the extra $$ IMO. The other nice thing about them is that you can gain or lose approximately 20 pounds and still fit the same size suit...that means if you continue to lose weight, or even if you just change your body composition, the suit you buy today will fit for awhile yet.

Call Larry at ScubaToys, he can get you one in time, and will even send you 2 different sizes to try, sending back the one you don't want.

Has anyone looked at the wetsuit models on the scubatoys site? the scubapro everflex 3 mil has George & Laura Bush photoshopped in there, one af the male model's hair flips up every so often on another, and Jennifer Anniston is modeling the neosport rashguard.

I think Larry has too much time on his hands!!! (but he does a great job so who can blame him for having some fun)

Some of the photos are dogs:

tilosbeanie.gif

Thanks so much... with your help I made the decission to get the Henderson HyperStretch Shorty... no a huge $$$$ investment... and I paid the extra to get it by the time I leave for Mexico! I will see how I like it and go for the full wetsuit after a little more body changes!
Thanks! This board Rocks!

I am new to diving, and am looking at a wet suit myself. You can go to Henderson's web page and do a dealer search.

http://www.hendersonusa.com/dealers_new.php?premier=1&zip=73110&distance=100

that will show you dealers within 100 miles of your home. The above link shows dealers in OK city, Tulsa and Edmond.

I hate my rental wet suit. I am looking at buying a Henderson. I have thier hood and gloves and love them. I am also told that the actual size of the suit is more generous than their size chart says. I will be trying on suits next week and then will know if I have been told the truth!!! I myself need a little generousity!!

I have to 2nd (3rd, 4th, 8th?) the vote on the Henderson Hyperstretch. I recently bought a used one from a friend who only dives dry now. When she suggested I might try hers, I thought "yeah, right -- like THAT's gonna fit me." Her suit was 2 sizes smaller than the measurements indicated I would need, but it fits like a dream! And it's so easy to get into! If you've ever felt exhausted just after pulling and tugging your way into a wetsuit, you'll really appreciate the Henderson Hyperstretch. Check on eBay, too . . . you can find some good deals. This suit feels like it was poured on you.

Henderson suits, from my experience, run big and long. At 5'2" I need the Junior size 14 rather than the women's for length, and it's a bit loose in places. They are awesome suits, but made for tall skinny people. The hyperstretch is a bit more forgiving but they still are quite long. It's much more comfortable to fold up a leg or fold back a wrist than to be unable to breathe - but neither should be necessary.

One custom manufacturer is Liquid Fit. They offer pretty much the same fabric as hyperstretch although obviously it must have a different name. Might be worth a look for you. They will also alter your suit later, if needed. And the colors you can choose from are quite fun! I have a pink and purple flowered skin for pool sessions, and students can always find me.

http://www.liquidfit.com/

I'd not wear a shorty. They might offer enough thermal protection, but I like protection from other things, too.

Be sure to let us know what you choose, how it fits, and have an awesome trip!

I'm in the market for a wetsuit in the near future as well, and while I've heard great things about the Henderson Hyperstretch in terms of fit, comfort and getting it on and off, I've also heard that they don't necessarily last as long as a regular neoprene suit. How much truth is there to this?

annasea:
I'm in the market for a wetsuit in the near future as well, and while I've heard great things about the Henderson Hyperstretch in terms of fit, comfort and getting it on and off, I've also heard that they don't necessarily last as long as a regular neoprene suit. How much truth is there to this?

I have not heard this. I know instructors who are diving on a weekly basis in pools (and chlorine is harder on gear than the ow), and have 2-3 year old HS suits.

annasea:

Annasea, I don't find that to be the case. They get fuzzed up easily from velcro snags, but the Aquaseude was designed to ameliorate that. I think it is the best of the hyperstrech suits.

Back
Top Bottom