Good Scuba Diving in Sept/Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lauratm

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a place to go scuba diving around September/October and am concerned about hurricane season in the Carribean. I live on the East Coast and don't have too much time or cash to travel to Asia or Hawaii or locations past Hawaii. Any recommendations?

Much appreciated!
:D

PS. I have around 60 dives logged.

lauratm:
Hello,

I am looking for a place to go scuba diving around September/October and am concerned about hurricane season in the Carribean. I live on the East Coast and don't have too much time or cash to travel to Asia or Hawaii or locations past Hawaii. Any recommendations?

Much appreciated!

Bonaire and Curacao are south of the hurricane belt.

Some awesome diving in NC that time of year. Hurricanes can be a factor, but at least if your diving did get scrubbed, you haven't travelled half-way 'round the world.

Come up and dive the St. Lawrence seaway. Last Sept. the water temp was 78 degrees. Hundreds of intact wrecks. lots for the non diver to do.

We are doing a trip to Barbados....it is our third. We will be doing both shore and boat diving. Our trip dates are 13 to 23 Sept. Give a yell if you want more details. Barbados is outside the hurricane belt and tons to do above the water as well.

lauratm:
Hello,

Much appreciated!

The Big island of Hawaii is great for Manta Ray dusk/night dives if you can find a good deal on air ticket. I echo Bonaire & Curacao too. I'm from Boston, and I'm taking a gamble (with hurricanes) and will head to Cozumel 1st week of September (some of the lowest hotel prices) and the water's still very warm.
Wherever you go, happy diving.

RICHinNC:
We are doing a trip to Barbados....it is our third. We will be doing both shore and boat diving. Our trip dates are 13 to 23 Sept. Give a yell if you want more details. Barbados is outside the hurricane belt and tons to do above the water as well.

Rich,

Where do you stay in Barbados? I have been twice and stayed at Almond beach club both times. We are looking into other places. There have been some great deals lately.

I agree w/ Bonaire. If you are going with any non-divers, Aruba might be a good choice. The diving isn't as good as Bonaire but there are lots of cool topside attractons and stuff. There are a few really cool wrecks there as well. Overall I think Aruba is probably under-appreciated because of its proximity to Bonaire and Curacao.

Morehead City, NC is also awesome in September/October. I dive w/ Olympus.

Cheerz,
-Shaun

Thanks for all the great feedback. I am going to do some research on the diving in NC and Barbados.

By the way, any suggestions for where and what to dive in Maine? I'm curious.

Back
Top Bottom