Where to buy EMT shears at?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got some yellow-handled shears from the dive shop where I worked last summer. Unfortunately they're just like all the others--great until the pivot bolt starts to rust. I'll remedy that shortly with some WD40 and a brillo-pad.

Does any one make these EMT shears with a stainless steel pivot bolt?!

yeah... mine has a stainless steel pivot ... two years old and going strong

teknitroxdiver:
I'm needing a new pair of shears, as mine have rusted at the pivot and the tip of the blade.

I just received 16 of the 5.5" ones from these folks, $2 each net after Priority Mail postage. Shipped within a day, as I recall; you can specify the colors, buy more for steeper discounts. They also have the 7.5".

i got them at leisurepro.... dumb luck... didn't know, just ordered them

I would stay far away from Botach tactial. They always have the best price but things are rarely in stock and they won't provide delivery dates but they still charge you when you order. I had to threaten to send the local police for credit card fraud before they would give me a refund.

Brent

I bought mine at Menards. They are in their private label tools (Tool Shop) and do not come with a holder but are $1.99.
Tim

ZenDiver:
I go through these shears like every 3 months........the pin rust right out.....sucks but at least they are cheap
Do they actually fail mechanically, or do they just look ugly?

I just leave my Sea Snips brand shears in the BCD pocket permanantly. After 100 dives and 1 year it looks pretty ugly.

Leaving it in a glass of Coca Cola for a day cleaned up most of the rust, and it was still mechanically solid enough to snip a penny.

I've repeated that cycle 2 or 3 times and its still very functional. Since a new one just going to rust anyway, why bother swapping it out for cosmetic reasons.

DiveTyme:
I bought mine at Menards. They are in their private label tools (Tool Shop) and do not come with a holder but are $1.99.
Tim
There are some poor quality shears out there that don't cut as well. A good test is to try and cut a few different sizes of monofilament line that is loose and floppy. Poor quality shears while flip the line sideways and just jam in between the blades.

Back
Top Bottom