Dci

have you ever come close to having DCI?

• No, it hasn't happened to me! (thank goodness)

Votes: 59 80.8%
  • Yes, once.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Yes, a couple times

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Maybe, but i was too shy to tell someone or l was just unsure.

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebbtide

Reaction score
hey agin

have you ever had that feeling in your stomach where you think you did something WRONG .
and feel embarrased to say anything to anyone . i mean anyone who HAS had an OOA at 60,70 ft or so has had to do a controled accent and sucking that last little breath out of the tank at 20 ft ,has felt 2 things at the sametime like me . 1 being thank god i am alive and that will never happen agin!!!! and 2 being what is that small tingle in my fingers did i get bent ? no it cant be .
well i want to know if i am alone here and i know i am not ! but have you ever been close to getting bent some say if you dint get the rash you dont get the cash but is it worth it ?

Rob

Ebbtide

Are you seriously suggesting that you should get bent in order to collect some compensation?

DCI accidents happen and in the UK they are rising but I hope not because a diver thinks they can collect. I use the word accidents but in most cases they will have been entirely avoidable although I'm sure not deliberate.

Regards

some of which are the same for panic or hyperventilation. These can be confusing under the best of conditions, let alone when you have just been scared out of your wits with an OOA. If you exhibit ANY symptoms for DCI (tingling or numbness in joints, pain in any form, etc. etc), I have a few tips for you...

1) You are not a doctor... don't try to be one now. Get checked out by someone who knows. Call DAN!

2) You are confused as well... don't make any decision but to be checked out by someone who is capable of making the right choices. Call DAN!

3) Get on oxygen stat and get to a hospital. Call DAN while on the way!!! You owe this to yourself as well as your loved ones. Diving is optional, life is not!

BTW, if you don't belong to DAN, why are you just sitting there and reading this??? Go to DAN and get signed up NOW!!!

Welshman once bubbled...
Ebbtide

Are you seriously suggesting that you should get bent in order to collect some compensation?

Regards

I think the phrase was a Canadian one for 'having your balls broken' or 'being blooded' ie having scars to show that you have got stuck in etc. etc. Rather like having gravel rash from that FS1E stack when you were 17 -eh Welshman!
At least I hope so!
But of course that sort of gung ho nonsense doesn't apply to scuba and yes I think this guy has had a 'wake up call' as they also say over the pond but the realisation is there that something went wrong which is good.
I think a chat with a DM or your instructor would be in order Ebbtide so that you can learn to avoid the scenario again.
Your tingly fingers might be anything from circulatory problems to psychsematic pains (ok, I can't spell that) but I'm not a diving doctor. Don't worry though.
Dive safe.

Phil TK

The tone of Ebbtide's post is weird. Ebbtide, let us know that you are OK.

PhilTK, you also have a point about the idiom. Maybe I can't translate canadian very well.

However, never dropped a FS1E but did have a Harley drop on diesel 3 years ago. I hope that never happens again!

Regards

Welshman once bubbled...
The tone of Ebbtide's post is weird. Ebbtide, let us know that you are OK.

PhilTK, you also have a point about the idiom. Maybe I can't translate canadian very well.

However, never dropped a FS1E but did have a Harley drop on diesel 3 years ago. I hope that never happens again!

Regards

Hopefully Ebbtide has got himself off to be checked out.
Dropping a Harley sounds a bit more expensive than dropping a fizz!

Phil TK

PhilTK

You have to hand it to Harleys. They are built like the proverbial brick ****house. Just cosmetic damage easily fixed. However, they have all the handling qualities that the nickname "Hog" implies. I'm on a Kwak ZZR1200 now. Much more confidence inspiring!

Regards

from the DAN website:

If you suspect a diver has a dive-related injury and needs evaluation, you should safely:

Monitor Airway, Breathing, Circulation ? Provide 100 percent oxygen if you are a trained oxygen provider
Call the local EMS for transport or assist in the transport of the injured diver to medical care
Call the DAN Emergency number 919 684 8111 or 919 684 4DAN (4326) collect for consult and advice.
If you are uncertain about symptoms which occur hours or days after diving, and there is no emergency, or you wish to ask questions about the signs and symptoms of decompression illness, contact the DAN Information Line (919) 684-2948, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.

totaly taken out of text .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom