Carolina Beach, NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found some old posts about diving the Ranger. I am very familiar with the inlet and have often thought about diving it. Did any of you ever do it?

Danny D:
Hello I am heading to Carolina Beach NC for a week long vacation with family August 23. However, i want to get under the water so i was wondering if anybody knows where i can shore dive nearby. Also i would like to maybe do some spear fishing same thing from the shore. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Not much shore diving in the area. Spend a few bucks and take a charter with Aquatic Safaris out of Wilmington or Cape Fear Divers out of Carolina Beach. Usually you can buddy up with someone there on the boat.

I agree, Aquatic Safaris is a good charter. They have a few go out during the day so you have a few options as to what wreck you want to dive.

crawford:
If you can afford it, there is great diving on the local charters, there are great wrecks in clear water right off the coast from where you're at. You'll be surprised how good the diving is in N.C. if you've never been.

QUOTE]
I would recommend Aquatic Safaris in Wrightsville Beach. Went out 3 days with them last June when I took my family there. 2 days of inshore to barely offshore wrecks, but the goody was when we hit the Cassimir and the Normannia. (My choices, I might add.) Gazillions of fish; so many it was hard to see wreckage. The folks at AS were good to deal with, friendly, helpful, reasonable, professional. Can't ask for much more.

herman:
I bet he has alread made his decision....the post is 3 yrs old :)

Man, I love to laugh, and I'm no stranger to laughing at myself. DUH!

Kinda funny it was on the list though...

I know the feeling, I was about to post to a thread a while back when it seemed like I had responded to a similar thread.......similar nothing, it was a reopened thread I did respond to.....4 or 5 years ago. Just glad I realized it before I hit enter. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom