Proof of Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an SSI card with picture too.

Maybe it's a little narciSSIstic? :D

Walter:
C-cards are usually just accepted, but they could always compare your name to the name on your DL (which should have a photo).

What do you mean by DL?

My NAUI OW and AOW cards have numbers on them, but I asked my instructor and it seems that here in Canada at least, only the instructor's number appear on the card. And we don't use our social insurance numbers at all.

My C-Card has My Diver Pin Number, Name, Address, City, State, Zip , DOB, Instructors Name, Instructors Pin, Date of Cert. I think with all that information they could make me prove my identity to match all that. But in my expierence, if they've seen enogh that they can cover their own butt they will let you dive.

On our last trip to Florida my brother (who is certified) did bring proof of his certification and the dive shop accepted a faxed copy of a temp card from the instructor with a copy of the instructors business card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom