Ginnie Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have been to Ginnie several times now. If you go during the week, it's not crowded and as PerroneFord said, it's amazing being the only ones in the Ballroom. It has been that way on every dive I have had there since I have never gone on the weekends.

It is a great dive and loads of fun.

Chris

P.S. as a matter of fact, the pic for my avatar was taken in Ginnie, two weeks ago.

go dive it if ya never been there
u will like it ive been to ginnie like umm 4 or 5 times
and would go back again tomorrow if i could
one time we drove down dove and drove back home same day

I went to Ginnie Springs in March for the first time and it was amazing! It so made me want to do cavern cert, but how often (sadly) am I in FL. . . I mean we have Lake Michigan but you have to have a boat. If I had some kind of a season pass for something like Ginnie Springs in my backyard, omg id be diving as long as the tables would allow for.

It was my 5th, 6th, and 7th dive. I liked it worked on a lot of skills my log book says.

Confirmed my spot in the cavern class there August 18-20 with local instructor from Ohio. I'm so excited he talked me into it yesterday.

I may be going to Ginnie Springs this coming October for the first time. I hear that it is pretty neat, I am thinking about doing a night dive there to complete my night/low vis. certification.

One vote for Morrisons Springs, near Ponce de Leon, FL.
1) It's off I-10 in the Panhandle, making it a good layover spot on a 26-hour drive to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea (umm, Datura Beach, umm....)
2) It's free.
3) It has nice facilities, like a restroom, outdoor shower, picnic pavillion.
4) The spring and cavern are charming, with breem (like perch), freshwater eels, and sometimes dog botherers (alligators) some say... haven't seen any, so far.
5) It's open from 8 am to sunset (did I mention that it's free? Yes, I did.)
6) It's near Sunset King Lake RV Park, which is lovely.
I haven't tried Ginnie Springs, but are the prices worth the extra effort? I really do like the Morrison Springs facilities, and you can't beat the price for a quick nap and a couple of dives.

How many people who dive at Ginnie are actually Cavern/Cave certified and how many are just certified for open water? I'm going in two weeks and am curious about what the diver demographic will be. I also hear everyone talk about how crowded it is? Are the caverns as crowded as the ball room?

I'm a fresh intro to cave diver. And I did my course in Ginnie (among other places)
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom