Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
I didn't say I was happy about it, far from it. I just don't see why you are so upset about a board you come to for free. Perhaps if you were a paying member you might have a reason to complain.

In the real world you are paying for something and if the product or service does not meet your expectations or any claims that might have been made, you would ask for a refund. Again, it's difficult to complain about something you have been given for free.

Diver Dennis,

You seem to be wrapped around the axles about who pays what to whom. But you are apparently confused about the difference between a fully commerical service provider - like your Mastercard - and a less overtly but equally commericial provider such as Google or ScubaBoard. It's back to Economics 101 for you I'm afraid.

D.

Oh, so you must be an advertiser here...

Diver Dennis:
Did you not just point out that ScubaBoard IS a company, comparing it to Google?

I'm confused by your logic, but I stand by my position that people like NetDoc should have their feet held to the coals. Who else gets to blame other people for their problems and get away with it?

D.

Diver Dennis:
Did you not just point out that ScubaBoard IS a company, comparing it to Google?

If the commercial backers of ScubaBoard have no faith in the IT department, then the head of the IT department should be sacked. It's as simple as that.

PhotoGallery has been down for months. And from the traffic we know that posting photos is a big part of ScubaBoard. This is not a charity shop being running here. The IT guy should go.

D.

Diver Dennis:
Oh, so you must be an advertiser here...

No, Diver Dennis, I have no commercial, pecuniary or other financial interest in ScubaBoard or any of its associates in any way.

I am a private user, but I do think ScubaBoard needs to sharpen up its act with respect to Photo Gallery. It's just not good enough at the moment.

discrepancy:
Dear Mr NetDoc,
Again, I am confused. Post #11 clearly states that we have a NEW IT team. You would have me sack them after creating a Board that doesn't crash every other hour?

As for the "strategic vision"... well you just aren't privy to it my friend and you probably never will be. If I told you what I was up to next, someone would try to jump me to it. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean the freight train ain't barreling down the tracks coming straight at you.

Scuba Board is unique in may ways. Many try to emulate us, but no one else has had the same success. I would like to lay claim to it being due to smart management or spiffy special effects, but it just doesn't work that way. The divers come to ScubaBoard to interact with the other divers. Just that simple. It's why we've grown more than any other board out there even DURING our times of dealing with an incompetent provider. This is our second server move in less than six months. Every move takes a lot of planning, work and MONEY. You have no idea what I have gone through trying to make things work until FINALLY finding someone competent. I try not to burden the board with the trials I have had to deal with, though the Mods could tell you what lengths I have gone to, to resolve this.

It's indeed gratifying to see others come to my and ScubaBoard's defense. But there is no real need. We will continue to grow, and when our NEW IT team decides that it's right to fire up the Photogallery once more, we will see it appear. They have a clear time table and will be sticking to that rather than someone else's.

Fortunately, I am a patient and caring person. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, and that goes double for forum management and development. During these past few months, I have learned that most anyone can be a critic, but very few ever actually produce. I have also learned that there are some who will let no good deed go unpunished.

Now I understand the "dis" in your name. No one forces you to be here and use the free services. Move along - we're tired of your whining.

discrepancy:
No, Diver Dennis, I have no commercial, pecuniary or other financial interest in ScubaBoard or any of its associates in any way.

I am a private user, but I do think ScubaBoard needs to sharpen up its act with respect to Photo Gallery. It's just not good enough at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom