Photo Gallery on My Website...Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm trying put a photo gallery on my website similar to "Scubaboard's" but on a small scale...don't expect to see 60,000 images!

I've downloaded "rBuilder" & "Gallery" but I'm clueless on what to do next!

My website is built on FrontPage and the server is ValueWeb

Can anyone help me???????:11:

I simply use jalbum - www.jalbum.net

There are tons of skins to choose from. Depends on how complex you want it as to whether jalbum will work for you. Skins are relatively easy to modify to meet your own needs.

I've bookmarked this site...thanks

cudachaser,

I've downloaded "rBuilder" & "Gallery" but I'm clueless on what to do next!

I assume that you are running IIS on your website since your pages are done in FrontPage. If so, read this from the Gallery folks:

"Microsoft's IIS (Internet Information Services) web server has also been known to work. However, the Gallery Team does not officially support the use of IIS, due to certain known difficulties with this platform. Generally, if you do not have Administrator access to the machine running IIS, it will either be extremely difficult or impossible to install Gallery. As a general rule, installing Gallery in a IIS hosted environment is not likely to succeed."

Ask your hosting provider is they offer a ready-to-use images app.

Tanker

For a quick solution, there are loads of free web-based photo album applications out there. Jalbum works, so does Yahoo Photos.

Sadly, Scubaboard's Photo Gallery doesn't work. Been down for months. Ask NetDoc why.

We heard similar excuses from the former Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf.

Iraq%20info%20minister%20Al-sharaf.jpg

If you want tools to build an album into your own site, you have dozens of software tools available online - some commercial, some free. Just Google.

I second the vote for jalbum, since you have your own web space.

At some point I'll move over to a more serious content management system such as Gallery, TWG, or Exhibit Engine, but I haven't found any I like as much as jalbum, and the server-side setup involved is quite complex, and likely far than someone developing a site with FrontPage is going to prepared to take on (there are exceptions to this, but I suspect it covers the majority).

Try Dalbum, I`m using it on my site (http://www.dolphinscuba.com.sg/gallery/index.php). I`m pretty pleased with it, reasonably easy to setup and run... Just copy files into the directories, and re-index the photo`s. Allows users to leave messages with pictures too. I rate it as one of the best free galleries around (and I was looking for a long time!).

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom