Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

discrepancy:
Dear Mr NetDoc,

I am happy to keep trading blows with you until we are both bloody and senseless. But I see no point in that.

I am just a private citizen. If I were your accountant or business adviser, I would have sacked you long ago.

Why? Because you have shown no strategic vision as to where you hope to take your outfit.

Yours sincerely,

Discrepancy
For one who posts on rare occasion and has little involvement, wow...?!

NetDoc

I am so pleased. At last we have an objective discussion happening here. This is how progress is made.

NetDoc:
As for the "strategic vision"... well you just aren't privy to it my friend and you probably never will be. If I told you what I was up to next, someone would try to jump me to it. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean the freight train ain't barreling down the tracks coming straight at you.

Great! No-one is trying to pre-empt any business decision about where ScubaBoard is headed. If your team has decided on a direction to take, then take it. Jump in with both hands and both feet. Of course there are freight trains speeding in all directions out there in the IT world. Spotting them coming while remaining agile is key to survival.

NetDoc:
"Scuba Board is unique in may ways. Many try to emulate us, but no one else has had the same success. I would like to lay claim to it being due to smart management or spiffy special effects, but it just doesn't work that way. The divers come to ScubaBoard to interact with the other divers. Just that simple. It's why we've grown more than any other board out there even DURING our times of dealing with an incompetent provider.

Again, good thinking. If you've decided that the diver forum is your mainstay, then you should defend it to the death.

netdoc:
This is our second server move in less than six months. Every move takes a lot of planning, work and MONEY. You have no idea what I have gone through trying to make things work until FINALLY finding someone competent. I try not to burden the board with the trials I have had to deal with, though the Mods could tell you what lengths I have gone to, to resolve this.

This is where we differ. You are the IT manager at this company, and it's your job to see the trends, make a plan, and put up with the IT heartache necessary to get the job done. No excuses. We don't need to hear about how tough your job is. You wanna hear about my job??

Or put it another way, imagine the IT manager at a bank saying to the board, "Well, it's sad but our customers can't do electronic banking because the supplier I paid has let us down. It's not my fault, really."

netdoc:
It's indeed gratifying to see others come to my and ScubaBoard's defense.

This is a good thing. And, to my Scubaboard colleagues who criticise me for be critical, or accuse me of whining, let's just remember that this is not a dot.net or dot.org site. Scubaboard is a dot.com site.

It's commercial guys, and if you can't see that, then you should come to a BBQ at my place and watch the lovely fairies dancing at the bottom of my garden.

netdoc:
We will continue to grow, and when our NEW IT team decides that it's right to fire up the Photogallery once more, we will see it appear. They have a clear time table and will be sticking to that rather than someone else's.

Again, fair comment. But, I can only presume that you really saying "we" (the forum) will continue to grow, and PhotoGallery can go and get knotted. We will bring it up again when we get around to it.

I'm saying that for many of us, posting our underwater photos is a big attraction, and if you agree that PhotoGallery is important, you should not leave it to someone else to dictate your timetable for getting it back up again.

netdoc:
Fortunately, I am a patient and caring person. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, and that goes double for forum management and development. During these past few months, I have learned that most anyone can be a critic, but very few ever actually produce. I have also learned that there are some who will let no good deed go unpunished.

NetDoc, I am not doubting your commitment or your competence.

It's a tough business and you have decisions to make.

What I am saying is that if you decide not to resurrect photo gallery after months of downtime, then those of us who come here mainly to post photos will walk away. And you need to factor that in.

I hope you've not decided that PhotoGallery doesn't matter.

D

You know, if I had a business that served 65000+ clients, even when part of that busness was out of action while it was being rebuilt, I'd be a pretty happy guy :)
Z...

_Bella_:
Photos: (4) View Gallery

Four images in one year, how much do you really miss it?

Ye of little faith.

I used to have hundreds of pics hosted here. I killed them all when the site died.

Zeeman:
You know, if I had a business that served 65000+ clients, even when part of that busness was out of action while it was being rebuilt, I'd be a pretty happy guy :)
Z...
You're obviously easily pleased, or maybe you're not speaking for the hundreds of Photo Gallery gallery users left out in the cold for months.

If you love the IT policy here, don't write to me, write to the board at Scubaboard.com. They will love to hear from you.

Dis,

I post regularly in SB and I have loads of pics in SB. Now I miss the gallery. There are days where I would want to look at my photos at work just to see what I am missing. But I do not complain. Why? Cos its free. Cos Netdoc and gang has a board where I can meet people with same interests and joys. Cos I make friends here. And I am a supporting member. I believe that, even with the gallery down, the service and the pleasure I get from the board is worth every cent I gave to help them be better.

If you don't like SB, I suggest you get out. Take a hike. We don't need your type here. Or better still, start a board of your own. See how you like it when someone who doesn't pay criticizes and disses you all day.

Netdoc,

GREAT JOB. I know its been tough and I appreciate all the work that has gone into SB. Thanks for all the effort to make SB such a great place to visit.

What I am saying is that if you decide not to resurrect photo gallery after months of downtime, then those of us who come here mainly to post photos will walk away. And you need to factor that in.

You still here? :wink:

Perhaps you could start a petition.

Back
Top Bottom