Weekend Dive Plans 9-10 Sep 06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck Tribolet:
Didja know it's illegal to possess a speargun in Pt. Lobos, even if it's locked in your
trunk and doesn't get wet?

Well this is getting off topic. No, I had no idea. Glad they didn't search my car. I did look through all of their regulations and hunting equipment was not even mentioned. I really don't understand how they could enforce something like that as the equipment was not being used. Spearguns and poles are leagal to own as long as you are over 18.

I've heard that they want you to check them at the front gate. I didn't however know it was illegal ...

Mark

mweitz:
I've heard that they want you to check them at the front gate. I didn't however know it was illegal ...

Mark

Now that I can understand and respect. That way they are assured that there is no illegal hunting in the reserve.

reefugee:
BTW - Breakwater was DEAD this past weekend. Parking along the Breakwall was no problem at all. When I did my OW cert about a month ago - parking along the Breakwall was crazy. And two weekends ago - the breakwall was also packed.

Is it normal for Breakwater to be this slow at this time of the year? Or did I simply got lucky and went during a dead weekend? There didn't seem to be too many classes going on this weekend either.

I couldn't say. Personally, I avoid breakwater because of the crowds. I would rather go up the street to McAbee where it is less crowded and still a beginners site.

boingophreak:
Well this is getting off topic. No, I had no idea. Glad they didn't search my car. I did look through all of their regulations and hunting equipment was not even mentioned. I really don't understand how they could enforce something like that as the equipment was not being used. Spearguns and poles are leagal to own as long as you are over 18.
See http://pt-lobos.parks.state.ca.us/scuba/divereg.html, #7

reefugee:
BTW - Breakwater was DEAD this past weekend. Parking along the Breakwall was no problem at all. When I did my OW cert about a month ago - parking along the Breakwall was crazy. And two weekends ago - the breakwall was also packed.

Is it normal for Breakwater to be this slow at this time of the year? Or did I simply got lucky and went during a dead weekend? There didn't seem to be too many classes going on this weekend either.
Kids are back in school, and their parental units are focused on other stuff.

I must be a bad parental unit since I left the kids at home when I went diving. :eyebrow:

Thanks for info Chuck.

Chuck Tribolet:
Kids are back in school, and their parental units are focused on other stuff.

This weekend was crazy with a triathalon at Lovers and the car show at cannery row.

My buddies and I got caught behind the baricades so we ust stayed there and dove Macabee al day. It was very crowded though because of all the car fanatic... but then again made my hobby look in expensive :)

Back
Top Bottom