Actual ad from Guam Visitors Bureau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mello-yellow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
"Where is the only place on Earth that you can dive the world's deepest water, and touch wrecks from two World Wars? Give up? It's the beautiful isle of Guam, the gateway to Micronesia. Come dive the amazing waters of Guam, with the richest, most diverse selection of diving and above-water activities in the region. Plunge into the 37,000-foot-deep Marianas Trench. Explore the SMS Cormoran, a World War I German auxiliary cruiser and the Tokai Maru, a Japanese freighter torpedoed in 1943. And check out 400 types of hard coral, 1,000 varieties of mollusks and 900 kinds of marine life."

Need I say more?

[Boldfacing is mine]

cool - do i get a "trench diving card" for that?

we were there in april and had no idea :) but will be going back in July so always time to do it :D

I'm wondering what kind of mix you'd need for a 37,000 foot dive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I'm wondering what kind of mix you'd need for a 37,000 foot dive ...

i am not sure, but boy are you gonna need A LOT of deco bottles

Actually did the Tokai/Cormoran yesterday as a beach dive. Had a diver who really wanted to see them, but the boat wasn't going there. This is the 6th time I've done the dive from the beach...it's about a 20~23 minute surface swim to get there, which is why we do it only as a beach dive with people who are willing to put up with that swim to get there. (the wrecks are fairly deep, inside the harbor, so that they're not normally done as a 2nd dive, and most of the divers want to go outside the harbor with the good visibility on the 1st dive, if ocean conditions are good.)

Well, I did plunge into it. Chose not to go to the bottom, though...

almitywife:
cool - do i get a "trench diving card" for that?

I didn't get a card for my dive in the 12,000 ft. deep Puerto Rico Trench. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom