Dive Rite Backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prthd9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking to buy a Dive Rite BP/W, but would like some advice on style and price.

First I am looking at the transplate delux with quick realeases package at the following site: http://www.diveriteexpress.com/dive_rite/packages/t32pkg.shtml

I am also considering the Dive Rite transplate delux without the quick release.

Now the items I need are tank straps, SS bolts, and crotch strap right? Are those the only items I will need to purchase separately other than the harness, BP, and Wing?

Finally, where can I get a good price? I am a student and my last set up was stolen out of my garage, so my funds are extremely limited.

Prthd

direriteexpress.com
caveadventurers.com
caveexcursions.com

They can answer your questions and give you a fair price.

northeastscubasupply.com has a nice DR package called the "name brand" package

scubadobadoo:
northeastscubasupply.com has a nice DR package called the "name brand" package

Give John a call at NESS, this is where I got my Dive Rite package from, no one around could touch his price. :D

HEllo: Sorry to hear of the loss of your gear. I highly recommend you consider a new product on the market...the Pterodactyl Backplate/Harness System. Advertised in Wreck Diving Magazine and endorsed by John Chatterton. By Critical Aspect Inc. I love it!!! Log onto criticalaspect.com for Info. There is nothing like this anywhere. Gary.

I just bought one this weekend and feel like I got a good deal here:

http://www.divesports.com/mall/diverite_bc_transplate-plate-harness-assembly.asp

I already had a Rec wing though so I just needed the Transplate package and some SS sex bolts. They claim to have the best prices on Dive Rite and said they are an authorized dealer. I would have gone with ScubaToys, but it looks like they only stock the Transpac.

Cresswell:
HEllo: .... I highly recommend you consider a new product on the market...the Pterodactyl Backplate/Harness System. Advertised in Wreck Diving Magazine and endorsed by John Chatterton. By Critical Aspect Inc. I love it!!! Log onto criticalaspect.com for Info. There is nothing like this anywhere. Gary.

This backplate looks like the shoulder straps slide freely between the shoulder and the waist strap. That is how the old backplates (backpacks) worked over 30 years ago. Why is no one else using this feature? Why does this new plate obviate the need for a crotch strap? Is it a problem that every time you suit up that the shoulder tightness is not fixed and could change from one dive to another?

Cresswell:
HEllo: Sorry to hear of the loss of your gear. I highly recommend you consider a new product on the market...the Pterodactyl Backplate/Harness System. Advertised in Wreck Diving Magazine and endorsed by John Chatterton. By Critical Aspect Inc. I love it!!! Log onto criticalaspect.com for Info. There is nothing like this anywhere. Gary.
I know you're not trying to hide anything, but I think it is best that you make your interest in this product as transparent as possible, as other manufacturers do. (I copied this from your profile: I have designed some custom technical diving equipment that is now patented. It is also endorsed by John Chatterton. I am working hard to make this new venture successful as well.)

Good luck!

I am now looking at the DSS setup, as well. I am trying to narrow my choices down between the DSS, DiveRite, Pterodactyl and DeepOutdoors Freedom. Suggestions? Pros...Cons? Cost is huge, since I am a starving student; literally its like ramen every freakin day.

All info is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom