Has anyone ever replaced an ipod battery with one of those kits you can buy online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ugg. Mu luck, I would have broke the stupid connector too.

I the newer "photo" or "iPod with colored screen" - what ever you want to call it (not the video that's out now) so hopefully the battery issue won't effect it (knock on wood...)

eckybay:
ugg. Mu luck, I would have broke the stupid connector too.

I the newer "photo" or "iPod with colored screen" - what ever you want to call it (not the video that's out now) so hopefully the battery issue won't effect it (knock on wood...)

I think eventually it will be effected (shortly battery life), as I believe they all use Lith-Ion batteries, however the technology has come on since the first ones. So it might take a lot more charge cycles before you notice any degradation of the battery performance. (Lith-Ion perfer to be 'topped up' then fully drained and cycled like old NiCads)

I too have a ipod 4th gen - Hopefully when mine (and yours) starts giving me less than a days use, I can justify the all new 'half the size, 4 times the storage, 40 times battery life' one :D

TheTrickster:
I too have a ipod 4th gen - Hopefully when mine (and yours) starts giving me less than a days use, I can justify the all new 'half the size, 4 times the storage, 40 times battery life' one :D

That's what I'm hoping for too. As long as it gives me several hours of listening at work and then some left over juice for the gym, I'm happy with it.

eckybay:
That's what I'm hoping for too. As long as it gives me several hours of listening at work and then some left over juice for the gym, I'm happy with it.
That's the thing. No ipod for the gym. This is going to be hard. I have my cd player but the reason I got the ipod is because I get dropping the player. And sure enough, when I brought the player to the gym instead of the ipod, it fell off the ellipitcal the disk when flying and now it's scratched.
You know that thread about idiots on dive boats? Well, sometimes, I definitely think that's me. At least I'm the idiot in the gym.

Wow, two really nice people offered to re-solder my ipod for me. Thanks you guys. You know who you are. :D
People here are wonderful!!

I replaced the battery in my 1st generation ipod. It took about 5 minutes. I ordered the battery from Other World Computing http://www.macsales.com it cost about $10.00

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom