C-5050 CF card - 2GB limit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabum2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know this has been touched on in previous threads, but has anyone had issues with using a 2GB CF card in their C-5050? I just a bought a 2GB 80x card that seems to work fine Olympus support told me that the maximium CF card I could use was 1GB and if I used the 2GB card, I risked losing pictures.

Anyone had long term success or problems with the C-5050 and the 2GB card?

I use a Lexar 2GB card with no problems.

-Mark

My mistake!

The file system is FAT12 and the camera should be able to address 2MByte. The only question is, how robust is the firmware. I've heard that the limit on the xD card is 512 MB. Someone, please put a 2GB CF card in the camera and try to fill it up!

Scubabum2 - no, I shoot HSQ jpg with my 5050.

jlyle:
maractwin - does the camera access more than 1 gigabyte of space on the 2GB card?

I'm pretty sure I've had more than a gig of pictures on the card, but can't be certain. I'll do a test this weekend.

-Mark

Yes, I'm certain I can put more than 1 Gig of pictures on my 2 Gig card. It starts off with room for 275 of them in raw mode. I just took 164 identical pictures out my window, which left room for 110 more. That used about 1.2 Gig.

-Mark

maractwin:
Yes, I'm certain I can put more than 1 Gig of pictures on my 2 Gig card. It starts off with room for 275 of them in raw mode. I just took 164 identical pictures out my window, which left room for 110 more. That used about 1.2 Gig.

-Mark

That settles that question! Thanks for the empirical results.

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme III 2Gig CF card in my 5050 and I've filled the card using RAW with no problems (except that downloading and converting them takes forever!)

Mel.b

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom